Chapter 3 - The First Day

Chapter Three

The First Day

"Get up, son of Odin." A feminine, arguably gruff voice called out. The voice reached the snoozing Prince of Asgard mere moments before Percy heard an arrow whizzing past his head.

He didn't need any other inclination to move his ass. With a sideways movement of his legs he dropped down from his perch gracefully before looking at the few hunters before him.

Phoebe, Atalanta and Thalia had the joyous task of retrieving their moving target for their morning's practice. Something that Percy wasn't exactly thrilled about, but he knew that it was coming along regardless. There was no avoiding the problem that he primarily faced in that the girls wouldn't like him from the get go.

There was a point to this task being nigh 'impossible'.

"Ladies." he said, bowing deeply which he noticed gave the three girls smiles. He expected a good reaction from Thalia and Atalanta, but Phoebe? His first impression of her was that she was going to be difficult.

And he stood by that.

He returned to full height. When his weapon, Yggdrasil was in its standard form it looked like a pole with no offending end. It was simply a tube of pure Asgardian metal, until Percy chose which form he wanted to use. He wasn't sure what the limit for his weaponry really was, so far he'd just imagined what he wanted the weapon to be and it had obeyed.

"Lady Artemis said that we are to tell you what's happening. You're going to be our newest target in a game of manhunt." Thalia squealed joyfully. Percy paled slightly.

He was about to be hunted down? He was only on his first full day with the Hunt, how was that fair?

If he even survived his first day, these girls were sure going to test the full limits of his mortality. Or inherent immortality as it were. He didn't exactly feel like explaining to everyone the fact that he wasn't actually a Demigod, by technicality.

"Oh joy of joys. That's exactly what I need on my first day here, to become a deer caught in headlights." He smirked as the four of them walked over to where the larger groups of hunters were all gathered around Artemis.

"Thank you for joining us, at last." Artemis quipped as the four of them attending the circling of the campfire. He had no idea what time it was. He probably was late, he didn't bother trying to argue back with her, especially considering that if she wanted to, she could make his life a lot harder.

"Are you aware of your task?" Was all Artemis asked him. He didn't, but he nodded nonetheless. Artemis rolled her eyes, of course he didn't, he was a male after all.

The girls had no doubt explained that he was going to be their dummy for the day, but he probably didn't know quite the extent of their game for the morning.

"You have to survive thirty minutes of being hunted down, after that time has passed I will sound a horn signifying you've reached the halfway mark, after which point you have to track me down. For the first part I shall be hunting you alongside everyone else. If you are taken down, the hunters win. If you survive the thirty minutes and then successfully find me, then you win. This is our new daily training drill. We shall play until either the hunters win five rounds or until Percy wins one. When you're all ready ladies. Oh and Percy? No weapons for you." Artemis grinned evilly but was stunned when Percy simply shrugged and pulled Yggdrasil free.

The pole extended ever so slightly and shimmered in the light before a ferocious looking spear became of it.

The Prince of Asgard stuck the spear head into the ground, making sure that Artemis saw the acceptance of the challenge in his eyes.