"How so?" 

"We have been keeping up with logs," Iida looked at y/n when he said that, making her feel slightly offended, "And personally, I feel the theory behind it is slowly being proved correct."

"Sounds like it is going well!" 

Y/n thought about what Iida had said about the theory - the part of the project she honestly had forgotten all about. "He said he thinks it's being proved... does that mean he's being domesticated, or am I getting more proper?" 

While the rest of them continued to talk, Y/n observed and contributed when she was addressed. She got more comfortable with the family the more that Iida and her spent time together, but continued to keep sweet - especially around his parents. Around her project partner, though, she acted more like herself, giving up on the act knowing they were stuck together. Although y/n didn't want to, she had to admit, he was keeping her on top of her school work, which really helped her grades. 

Eventually, it started to get late, "It's great being here, but I should probably get home soon." 

"Nonsense, stay the night!" His mother exclaimed, suddenly getting excited. 

"I couldn't! I don't have any of my stuff with me and-" 

"We have extras, no need to worry!" 

She thought about it, "I guess it couldn't hurt to ask..." 

"Ask away!" His mom seemed much more excited than she was. Y/n was excited though, but not as much as she was nervous. She excused herself out of the room and called her mom, who was easy to say yes. 

"She said it's ok if I stay." 

"Perfect!" His mother stood up from the lush seat, "I'll let service know so they can provide you with what you need!" 

"Thank you, Mrs. Iida." 

"Anytime, hun!" 

Y/n took her seat from before and looked at the floor in shock. Tensei, being good at reading people, noticed, "She can be a lot," 

"Yeah... My mom's not too different from her,"

"Is she?"

"Mhm. The first time I told her Iida was coming over, she freaked and immediately prepared the house," She smiled.

"Yup, that sounds... Quite familiar!" 

"She seems like she cares though."

"She does," Tensei smiled, "Always provides for anybody, even if they don't need it." Y/n felt comfortable with Tensei, kind of like the brother she never had. He was easy to talk to and he always understood the topic at hand. "But honestly, do you have any idea what you're in for tonight?" 

"No, why?" 

"My mom loves girl talk," Y/n's eyes widened in curiosity, "Whenever I had a girlfriend over, they'd talk for hours and I always fell asleep before she came back." 

"Huh... Sounds fun." 

"Not to me," he laughed. 

Sitting beside them, Iida chimed in, "Doesn't sound fun to me either..." 

The three of them continued to talk for a while until their mother came back, "They've got everything ready! L/n, I'll show you to the guest room you'll be in!"

She turned to the two brothers, "Wish me luck," She whispered. Tensei saluted her off, and his younger brother nodded, both smiling. 

"I'm so excited to have you over tonight, l/n," She led the way.