"Really?" Five asks with a smile.

"Obviously. I mean I did kiss you back."

I kiss him again and after a few seconds, we pull away.

"I don't just like you Five. I'm in love with you. I have been for a long time now."

"I'm in love with you too," Five says smiling.

Even though I am usually a bitch to people and don't give two fucks about what everyone else thinks about me, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Five. And I know for a fact he has one for me too.

"Well what now?" I ask.

"Well, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Five asks me.

"Yes! Of course!"

I hug Five causing him to fall and I land on top of him. We both laugh as I get off of him. I take the blanket I found and put it over us. I turn to my side and Five puts his arms around my waist spooning me.

"Goodnight my love."

I blush at the nickname.

"Goodnight darling."

4 years later (age 17):

Five and I have been here for 4 years now. We have also been dating for 4 years. We have worked every day to try and get back to our family but nothing has worked. We are determined to get to them no matter how long it takes. We ended up moving locations since we ran out of food at our old place. Five found a little mansion outside the city limits that we have been staying in. Surprisingly, it was in good shape. It was like it hardly got destroyed. There were a few broken windows and some holes in the wall here and there, but other than that it was a good place to stay.

I was currently re-reading Vanya's books that we found in the library of the academy with Delores. We ended up finding Delores at an old department store where we used to shelter at. Five was out getting some food for us and water. We have been living off of canned food and bugs. Not one animal was alive. I hear the door open from downstairs.

"Y/N," Five yells.

"I'm up here," I yell continuing to read.

Five comes up the stairs to the room I was in. He gives me a kiss on my forehead and sits down next to me on the mattress I was laying on.

"Whatcha up to?" he asks.

"Just rereading Vanya's book. Did you find anything?"

"Found some canned food. That's about it really," Five says as he plays with his fingers.

I can tell he is nervous about something.

"You're lying. Something is bothering you and you're nervous. I didn't even have to read your mind to know that," I say as I close the book, "what's up?"

"Well, I wasn't lying about the food part. I did end up finding some cans. But, I did find something else. I was gonna wait a couple of days to show you but I guess I can show you now."

Five takes my hand and blinks us somewhere. I see a whole bunch of trees in front of me.

"Where are we?" I ask looking around.

"Turn around," Five says.

I turn around and I was in shock at what was in front of me. It was a lake. A literal, actual lake. We have been looking for any type of water source and Five found one. We have only been able to get water from digging in the ground and getting some from the little rainfall that we had.

"Oh my God! Five! How did you find it?" I asked running up to it.

"I kinda just stumbled upon it. There is no fish but, we now have fresh water."