Chapter Twelve: The Fall

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure..?"

"Yes! Don't listen to him!" Chat Blanc and Princess Justice said in unison.

He listened to them and went back to his psychotic mindset.

"I'm not going to do anything about it. Try to stop me, and you'll be next." he jumped off and went back to shooting his cataclysm everywhere.

Hawkmoth looked at him, and took off. He has really gone insane. Tikki, the kwami of creation, tapped his hand.

"Save the world, Gabriel. Marinette believed in you, and so do I."

He put the earrings and unified them with his miraculous. "Nooroo, Tikki, unify!" His new costume made his bald cap disappear. It was replaced with a similar one like Ladybug's, revealing his blonde locks. His cane stayed the same and his suit had a red and black pattern on it. His shoes turned into boots that went up to his knees. A yoyo appeared on his side.

"You can do all your magic tricks, but you can't do anything to stop me

"You can do all your magic tricks, but you can't do anything to stop me." Chat, who was watching at the top of the tower, looked down at him.

"I still won't give up! I'll do all I can to fix everything, Adrien!"

"The last time you made that promise was when mom died! And look how it ended, complete chaos! You never even kept that promise!"

"Those were all mistakes that I'm fixing!"

"You can't fix years of mental abuse and neglect, father!" He spoke the last word with utter spite.

"I thought I was doing it for your safety! I know the miraculous has a price, an equal sacrifice and I didn't want it to be you!"

"So, instead, Nathalie was going to be it, wasn't she? And she knew it too! She was ready to die for you, and you didn't even care!"

The mentioning of the name Nathalie made Gabriel feel even guiltier. "I didn't want it to be Nathalie, I was already giving up on your mother and she's the one who insisted. I shouldn't have listened to her!"

Right above them were news reporters everywhere, but none could proces what was happening. Nadja finally spoke up and told the crew to start filming.

"Nadja Chamack here, live above the Eiffel Tower. Here we can see Chat Ombre and Hawkmoth, or now Hawkbug, who also has the miraculous from our legend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, also known as Ladybug. She sadly passed away moments ago, as told by Hawkmoth himself. We also know the civilian identities of Chat Ombre, who was once our beloved Chat Noir, and the ex-villain Hawkmoth. The Agrestes. You heard it right, Adrien Agreste is Chat Noir, and his father, Gabriel Agreste, is Hawkmoth."

Everyone who's watching from their homes was absolutely shocked and sad at the same time, especially Marinette's relatives, including Alya. Her parents behind the TV were crying for their daughter. At the same time, they were proud of her for all of her doings. Alya, on the other hand, couldn't believe what she just witnessed. She had lost her bff and idol at the same time.

Even Lila started tearing up. She may have hated her, but she never wanted her dead! Luka, Chloe, Kagami, and everyone from their class was crying. She was always there for them, but they were never there for her.

"You shouldn't have started being Hawkmoth in the first place. If you didn't, none of this would have happened!"

"You don't think I regret everything I've done?! Why do you think I'm standing here right now!"

"Well, maybe because you want my miraculous now!"

"All I want right now is for you to stop all of this! You want to know how I feel about Nathalie?? Fine! I love her! I was trying to convince her to give up because I fell in love with her!"

"And how could I even trust you at this point?"

"Because Nathalie was pregnant! She was pregnant with our child!"

Everyone froze, including Chat Ombre. Tears were spilling down Gabriel's cheeks.

"You know what else? I don't blame you! I don't blame you for killing her and the baby with the cataclysm! I know it was an accident. If I had to blame anyone, it'd be myself!"

Anger, along with tears filled Chat's eyes. "Well, since all I had is gone, I might as well destroy everyone with it!"

He started making a giant cataclysm, a crazed grin accompanying his burning tears. Chat Blanc and Princess Justice looked scared, and vanished into thin air. The moment he let go of it, everything was black.

---Nathalie's POV---

"Oh my god.." I barely managed to get out. "He really does love me.."

Emilie sadly nodded her head.

Before she could say anything, a small voice squeaked behind me. I turned and saw Marinette, clutching her stomach and crying. I rushed over to her and helped her up.

"I really am dead, aren't I, Nathalie?" The poor girl hugged me with all her strength and weeped into my chest.

"I wish I could say otherwise. But not long ago I was in the same situation as you." I held onto the girl and started shedding tears as well. Emilie stood nearby with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Because Nathalie was pregnant! She was pregnant with our child!" we all heard Gabriel yell. I look down, face filled with regret. I didn't cry though because all of my tears were in vain.

"Nathalie.. you were.." Marinette began, unable to continue through her tears. I slowly nodded my head. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

"It's not your fault Marinette. It's mine and mine alone. By being Mayura, I risked the life of myself and the baby. And you know what happened after.."

Marinette let go of my tight embrace and looked out at the city with me. Barely anything was left at this point. What we heard next was shocking and heartbreaking.

"You know what else? I don't blame you! I don't blame you for killing her and the baby with the cataclysm! I know it was an accident. If I had to blame anyone, it'd be myself!"

I fell to my knees and started sobbing uncontrollably. Marinette and Emilie both came to my side and hugged me tightly, not letting go.

---Unknown POV---

I shifted to another window. Chat Ombre had just killed more innocent people. And then, I stopped at the last one.

"Well, since all I had is gone, I might as well destroy everyone with it!"

I felt a strange sensation. I looked down to my arm as it slowly glitched in and out of existence. "So, he really does destroy the whole world." I say to myself.

I slowly walk back to Hawkmoth and Mayura's retreat from earlier. "I must stop Marinette and Adrien from following them."

I step into the light, head held high and determined. "We have our work cut out for us. Burrow." I walk into the portal, hoping to never have to see this situation again.

To be continued..

Editor's Note: I had a lot more say in this chapter, and wrote about half of it myself. I know it is somewhat short, but the next chapter will explain things. This is not nearly the end. This story has only just begun. ~Ellie

Author's Note: This part was half-half writing. In the first part i was still awake and near the ending it was only Ellie that wrote it bc i had to go to sleep for school today. -Zoe