🖋 7 🖋

~𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕻𝕺𝖁~

I get to university and get through my classes when Ryuga and Light decide to play a bit of tennis. I see right through L's plan... he's trying to get to deduce if Light is Kira or not based on the way he plays, although you can't really determine that from a single tennis match. I sit on a bench as a crowd forms, there's even a referee that gets up in the stand calling who wins what. I don't know a whole lot about tennis, the only sport I have an idea about is basketball and that's only because Zach wouldn't shut the fuck about the sport.

I get up and take the Death Note from Light's bag and tear out a page for my own use. I still have two from when he was under watch by L and use those when the people aren't worth the trouble of killing or when I kill an enemy and don't want their entire group on my ass. Light power hits the ball to L's side and he misses. The two exchange a friendly handshake, but I can see that they're trying to read each other. L is blank and hard to read... for an amateur. I can read him like an open book.

"(y/n) you're aiming to be a game dev right?" L asks me.

"Yes, why?"

"I have some coding knowledge that may be of use to you."

Probably from making your own program to distort your voice when you talk to the police or anyone who isn't your outlet. Time to execute the long game. "I will have to take you up on that." I say, "How about at the school cafe next Thursday at 3? I find that's when it's the quietest."

"That would be perfect." L says. I smile my innocent smile, but on in the inside I'm smiling like the psychopath I am. Light then asks if L would like to go to the cafe after school to ask questions, L accepts and I go about my day. A few hours later I get a text from Light.

Light: (y/n) where is the note book?

Sweet Lips: with me. why?

Light: It is missing from my bag.

Sweet Lips: We need to get you cleared of suspicion so I took the note book while you were playing tennis.

Light: L is gonna judge if you're the boss or not during your meeting on the 15th.
Light: He did that with me today.

Sweet Lips: That's a partial reason. I can read the man like an open book. He wants an excuse to get to know me... almost like he has a crush on me.

Light: I told you, you're not playing anything.

Sweet Lips: I told you, I can lie my way through a police questioning.
Sweet Lips: I'll be fine, Light.

Light: Alright, just don't kill L yet.

Sweet Lips: That will be impossible considering that I can't get the eyes and we don't know his name

Light: I'm talking about with a gun

Sweet Lips: That I can't guarantee.
Sweet Lips: I have a hit man that will be there in case L tries to lay a hand on me.

Light: He won't do anything.
Light: He's not the kind of person to do that stuff.

Sweet Lips: They're still gonna be there
read

I sigh and turn on the news, I start to kill the criminals that are shown and change the time that Light put as insurance so that they die sooner. Ryuk starts to follow me now.. does that mean Light has given up owner ship?

"Ryuk, why are you following me?" I ask.

"Because Light's not to be doing the interesting stuff, you on the other hand are the mafia boss and now Kira." he says, "To be honest when you first started your mafia it was quite entertaining watching you murder people because they either knew who you were or they committed a "sin."

"Huh, but when I started growing and other people started doing the dirty work for me it wasn't as entertaining?" I say as I write names.

"Yes, but I'm still amazed at the fact that you've managed to stay under the radar." he says.

"Tell me, is L showing interest in the mafia?" I ask with my eyes closed, "I need to be prepared if L asks me something that only the boss would know."

"Yes he is showing interest in what you do."

I was right.

"Thanks Ryuk. That tells me what I need to know." I say.

"Are you going to try to out smart L?" Ryuk asks.

"Yes." I say as I check the time and the TV goes to commercials. 6:34 pm, "I'm going to get food. I'll be back"

I go down the the kitchen, grab a giant cookie, a fork, and some apples and go back to my room. I set the stuff on my desk and Ryuk scoops up the apples the instant he sees them. I open the cookie and start to eat it as a break from writing names until more criminals come up. I also may or may not have killed some enemies here and there. I lean back in my chair and sigh. I cover the cookie and put it in my mini fridge as I get ready for bed. I go into the bathroom and change into my pajamas. I turn the TV on and see a new news report.

"This just in, drug industry leader Teki Binjinesu has been assassinated by an unnamed person in Tokyo." They show the photo of the suspect... it's one of my highest hit men, Utsu Otoko. "Authorities believe that this murder is connected to the Quick Sliver Mafia. If you have any information on this case please contact authorities."

I hear Utsu come in the door of the building and stops at my room. He knocks on the door and I turn around in my chair to face him with my back covering the note book.

"Can I help you Utsu?" I say.

"I'm just letting you know I'm crashing here tonight." he says.

"Alright, you know where the rooms are." I say as I turn back around

"Boss, can I tell you something?"

"By all means."

"Do you know Kira?" he asks, I freeze. Why is he asking this?

"No, but I'm on the hunt." I lie as I turn back around.

"I was asking because it may be beneficial to the Mafia to have them on our side." he says. I relax a little.

"Yes. Yes it would be." I say as though I haven't just killed some enemies. Utsu leaves and I go to bed.

~(a/n)~

no thoughts
brain empty

BYE <3