before

CAUSE FOR CONCERN
(originally MAX ORAN VS THE SUBURBS)

hello + welcome
Hello! Thank you very much for choosing to read Cause for Concern! For further information regarding the book and my other work please continue to read the beforehand section. Thank you.

summary
Trouble seems to follow sixteen year old Max Oran wherever he goes. After his dad kicks him out at the same time he gets kicked out of school, he figures that he probably needs some serious help.

But things don't seem too bad! He's moving in with mom, starting at a brand new school and he has a brand new group of friends.

Unfortunately, his relationship with his mom is way rockier than he remembers, his new school is filled with connections to his old life and his new friends are about as troublesome and turbulent they seem.

As he battles his way through his junior year, he realises that he has a lot of changes to make and a long way to go if he really wants to get better.

It's even harder when it feels like the whole world is against you, but Max is determined to prove that he can still make the future right, even when his past is filled with wrongs.

epigraph
❛and remember, loneliness is still time spent with the world. ❜
someday I'll love Ocean Vuong, Ocean Vuong

dates
started: 03. September. 2021.
completed: 23. January. 2022.

please read!!!
If you enjoy then please don't forget to vote on the chapters you like! It really helps me and my writing as it lets me identify weaker and stronger points in the story so that I can improve next time! It really is appreciated and it really helps a lot.

The same goes for any feedback or constructive criticism! I always see your comments and I'm always happy to respond to them! Please don't hesitate to comment if you have any questions or anything you think could be improved or even just thoughts about the story.

Your support is always appreciated. Thank you.

note
Hey! If you're reading this, then thank you for choosing to read Cause For Concern! (originally Max Oran vs The Suburbs) It took me a while to find my footing with this story and to figure out what it was exactly I wanted it to be, as well as where I wanted to go with it, but now I'm finally happy to start actually working on it!

I hope you decide to come along on Max's journey with me and, if you do, then I hope you'll love him and the others as much as I do.

In case you didn't notice in the tags, this story has a boy / boy romance and Max is an openly bisexual character. Though this romance will play a key and major part in the story and Max's life, it will not necessarily always be the central focus!

Thank you so much for choosing to support my work! My gratitude is eternal, and I hope you enjoy reading. If you do, don't forget to vote and comment along the way as it massively helps me and my writing!!

copyright
I hope this doesn't come across as arrogant, but do not copy this work!

I have had experiences in the past where people have copied my work or posted adaptions without my consent or knowledge. Therefore, if any of this is stolen then I will not hesitate to report the reposted story!

I also do not accept adaptations, translations or anything else. If you ever see this posted somewhere else then please inform me so that I can take the necessary action! Thank you.

other works

i. Sun Kissed (2021) — Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love.

ii. Cause for Concern (2021) — !!!

iii. Pride & Joy (2021) — Nate Pembroke makes Denver Hughes an offer he can't refuse as they both attempt to cope with their own private losses.

iv. Third Time's A Charm (2022) — Exes twice over, Brooks Dawson and Archie Holland decide to take a third and final shot at love, risking their hearts and their friendships in the process.

v. Love Thy Neighbor (2022) — Blake Collins moves in next door and Luca Mendoza's life turns upside down.

vi. The Best of Us (2022) — Seventeen year old Tucker Bailey's life is spiraling out of control and he wants to take it back, but the road ahead is a long one and if Tucker takes a wrong turn then he doesn't just risk losing himself. He risks losing everything.

recommendations

If you're looking for work similar to Cause for Concern, I would recommend The Best of Us and Third Time's A Charm as they have the most similar tones and explore the most similar subject matters. Pride & Joy also explores similar subject matter though I feel that the tone is slightly different and it is shorter in length.

If you're looking for work that's different, Sun Kissed and Love Thy Neighbor are lighthearted quick reads centered around sweet romances and falling in love. They do not explore any topics that are too heavy or intense and are perfectly suited for people in a reading slump who need something fun and easy to check out!

THANK YOU!