Chapter Ten: Alola! Alola!

"This is taking forever! When are we gonna get there!?" Ash groans.

"It's only for another 3 hours!" Gou grunts.

"That's too long!" Ash whines.

"Too bad! You'll just have to wait!" Gou responds.

Ash just rolls his eyes in exasperation. He can't believe how long the flight is. He's eager to see Professor Kukui and everyone again. He loved his time in Alola so much, it was sad when he had to leave. He's desperate to be reunited with everyone.

Gou is...kind of excited. He's looking forward to visiting the Alola region, and he's very excited about seeing the Regional Forms of Pokémon. However, he's not looking forward to Ash's friends. It'll be like Hoenn all over again. The inside jokes, the remimiscing, he can't be bothered with all that. Plus, what if someone there notices what Max noticed? And what if he threatens one of Ash's Alolan friends? It'd be so awful. Hopefully his new coping mechanism will help. Meditating on an Alolan beach actually sounds really good, anyway. Warm, tranquil, relaxing. Ironically, it might be what Gou needs. He will soon see.

******************************

"Come on Gou, we can't keep Professor Kukui waiting!" Ash instructs excitedly running through the Arrivals Hall.

"Come on, Ash! Slow down!" Gou pleads trailing behind him with both their bags.

Ash bursts through the doors, looking around desperately.

"Alola Ash!" Yelled a voice from the distance.

Ash locks onto the direction of the voice to see Professor Kukui waving. Gou finally catches up to Ash, he's exhausted. Hunched over, dropping their bags onto the ground, trying to regain normal breathing.

"Professor Kukui!" Ash yells as he starts running towards him, leaving Gou behind with the bags...again.

"Pika!" Pikachu cheers running alongside Ash.

"Give me a break!" Gou exhales.
***********************
Gou looks out the car window with excitement. He's in Alola. It's so exciting. Ash and Professor Kukui are chatting away while Gou is sitting in the back watching the streets of Hau'oli City whizzing by. He knows that his primary objective is learning about the the local Pokémon as well as the Regional Forms of Pokémon in the Alola region but he also wants to explore. He's taking note of the shops and restaurants he wants to visit. There's alot of food places saying Malasada. He really wants to find out what that is and what it tastes like.

"What do you think, Gou?" Professor Kukui asks.

"Wai... What?" Gou jittered.

"Weren't you listening?" Ash jibes.

"O-oh uhm... No sorry, I was looking outside!" Gou responded feeling a little embarrassed.

"We're talking about dinner." Professor Kukui chuckles.

"Oh... I honestly don't mind. I'll eat anything!" Gou says nervously.

"Ah! Just like Ash then!" Professor Kukui jokes which causes laughter.

********************
The car pulls up just outside Professor Kukui's home. Gou looks enquisitively. It's a nice house that has a great view of the beach and an unobstructed view of the sea. This is the perfect scene, Gou thought to himself.

"Professor Burnet!" Ash shouts excitedly running towards her, but what's in her arms?

"It's so great that you're back, Ash!" Professor Burnet starts. "Especially since there's someone I want you to meet."

Ash investigates the bundle in her arms and gasps in shock.

Curious, Gou approaches them and sees a little baby, looking at the strangers.

"Ash. I want you to meet Lei, your little brother." Professor Burnet declares.

Ash's eyes begin to sparkle. "Little brother?"

"Do you want to hold him?" Professor Burnet asks.

Ash nods excitedly and the baby is placed in Ash's arms. "Hey there Lei. I'm Ash, your big brother. It's so amazing to meet you."

Baby Lei smiles and laughs. Gou thinks the baby is so cute. He also thinks it's cute how Ash is holding him. It's quite sweat.

"Oh! You must be Gou! It's nice to meet you!" Professor Burnet says holding out her hand.

"Oh! It's nice to meet you too. Thank you for letting me stay!" Gou replies shaking her hand.

"It's no problem at all!" Professor Burnet says with a smile.

Professor Burnet takes Lei back and invites Ash and Gou to go inside.

Upon entering the house, Ash suddenly gasps.

"Lycanroc! Incineroar! Melmetal! Rowlet! Rotom Dex!" He shouts in excitement.

The Pokémon turn and in a fit of excitement, crowd around Ash, causing him to fall to the floor. There's giggling and happy cries as friends are reunited. Gou watches with amazement at these strange new Pokémon he's never seen before and also finding it quite sweat at the reunion.

After everyone has calmed down, Ash looks up at Gou and smiles. Gou's face goes a little red.

"Everyone! This is my friend Gou!" Ash announces to his Alolan Pokémon.

They all rush over to him in excitement to greet him. Gou feels a little overwhelmed and is also caused to fall to the floor. Ash is on the floor laughing his head off. Gou is trying to contain his laughter but can't stop himself and both boys are laughing uncontrollably.

**************************
Later...

After proper introductions and catching up over good food, Gou starts to yawn.

"Tired Gou?" Professor Kukui says.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't sleep well on the flight." Gou explains.

"Oh of course! That was silly of me. Of course you'd be tired after a long flight." Professor Kukui said in an apologetic tone. "You both should turn in early and get some rest."

"But I want to go and see everybody!" Ash protests despite doing a big yawn.

"You can see everyone tomorrow, when you're fully rested." Professor Burnet says.

"Alright..." Ash admits in defeat.

********************

Gou is wide awake on the floor mattress, staring up at the ceiling. The moonlight shining through the window. It's eerily quiet. Ash is sound asleep on the couch. Gou is wandering what tomorrow will bring. He wants to wake up early and go explore. He wants to catch some Alolan Pokémon and he wants to check out Hau'oli City, especially the Malasada stands. He's quite excited. Alola is so exotic and he wants to take full advantage of it.

But if he wants to be full of energy for the long day ahead, he needs to get some sleep. Although, it'll be difficult because of his excitement.

Gou closes his eyes...clears his mind...to drift off...