𝓘𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

"You know, they used to play music.", Cap said.

"Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips.", Fury replied.

"He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi", people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say "Hi", they'd say, "Keep on steppin'. Granddad got to grippin' that lunch bag a little tighter.", 

"He ever get mugged?", you asked.

"Every week some punk would say, 'What's in the bag?'"

"What did he do?", Steve asked

"He'd show 'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and loaded .22 Magnum.", Fury said and you gave a look of respect.

"Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much.", Fury said smiling.

As the elevator lowered you and Steve noticed giant helicariers.

"Nick those are a little bigger than a .22.", you say

"I know.", he replied. You then step out and Fury showed you around.

"This is Project Insight. Three next generation Helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites.", Fury explained.

"Launched from the Lemurian Star.", Steve said.

"Once we get them in the air they never need to come down. Continuous suborbital flight courtesy of our new repulsor engines.", Fury stated.

"Stark?", Steve asked.

"Ah-ahem.", you cleared your throat. "I would like to inform you that he isn't the only genius on the team."

"Right, sorry.", Steve apologised.

"Well, he had a few suggestions once he got an up close look at our old turbines and y/n assisted with the plans.", Fury spoke.

"Yep, though I thought that was for the main helicarier, not some top secret mission.", you said

"These new long range precision guns can eliminate a thousand hostiles a minute. The satellites can read a terrorist's DNA before he steps outside his spider hole. We gonna neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen.", Fury said.

"Wait-what?", you asked.

"I thought the punishment usually came after the crime.", Steve said.

"Yeah, what kind of justice is that.", you said.

"We can't afford to wait that long.", Fury said.

"And who's we?", Steve asked.

"After New York, I convinced the World Security Council we needed a quantum surge in threat analysis. For once we're way ahead of the curve.", Fury said.

 "By holding a gun at everyone on Earth and calling it protection.", Steve said.

" You know, I read those SSR files. Greatest generation? You guys did some nasty stuff.", Fury commented.

"Yeah, we compromised. Sometimes in ways that made us not sleep so well. But we did it so the people could be free. This isn't freedom, this is fear.", Steve said.

"SHIELD takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be. It's getting damn near past time for you to get with that program.", Fury said.

"Don't hold your breath", Cap said.

"When pigs fly. And last I checked Tony said that experiment went horribly, so I wouldn't count on it.", you said and stormed off.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~