𝓖𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓰𝓪

You and the other heroes made it back to SHIELD and locked Loki up so that Fury could talk to him.

"Incase it's unclear,", Fury stated , "you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass," just then, a huge opening appears under the cage, "it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel  trap. You get how that works? Ant. Boot."

You sat down next to Nat watching Fury speak to Loki through the security camera. Steve was sitting opposite to you both and Thor and Bruce were on the other far ends of the circular table.

Loki chuckled, "It's an impressive cage,", he walked backwards, "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard," he stared straight into the camera, you and Nat locking eyes, "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man.".  You two exchanged glances with the men as Bruce rubbed his eyes. "How desperate are you that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?". 

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. And you might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh, It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power. Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is." Loki says.

"Well, let me know if real power needs a magazine or something", said Fury as he walked out and the live footage turned off.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?", Bruce said folding his arms.

"Loki's going to drag this", you say

"Yeah. So Thor. What's his play?", Steve asked looking up at Thor.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect for the Tesseract.", Thor informed him.

"An army? From outer space?" Steve stated, you and Nat sighed.

"So he building another portal? That's what he needs Selvig for,", Bruce said.

"Selvig?", Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist.", you stated.

"He's a friend.", Thor informed everyone, to which you were surprised but then you remembered the report mentioning him.

"Loki has them under some kind of spell, along with one of ours.", Nat told at which you looked at your feet sadly.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him down. He's not leading any army from here.", you questioned looking up.

"I don't think we should be focusing on him. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.", Bruce stated.

"Have care how you speak.", Thor said stepping forward, "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother."

"He killed 80 people in two days.", Nat said raising her eyebrows.

"He's adopted.", Thor replied sheepishly making you laugh, but you cleared your throat and forced it away.

"I think it's all about the mechanics. Iridium. What do they need iridium for?", Bruce asked.

"Well, it forms anti-protons", you said leaning forward and Bruce's attention turned to you.