𝓢𝓗𝓘𝓔𝓛𝓓

So there you were 7 years later enjoying life.  Normally you would just spend your weekend , the only free time you got from work alone just walking around New York admiring its beauty and making pit stops here and there going to cafés  loving life and later you would go to your best friend, Jenny's house.

Today started out as a normal weekend , but oh boy there was nothing normal about the events that were going to take place . 

"Hello, oh hey Jen, how are u?", u asked, putting on your headphones.

"I'm fine what about u?"

"I'm fine , just on my weekly stroll through New York loving life",  u replied admiring the city , but suddenly through the reflection in your phones screen u saw a man wearing a black hoodie covering his face with a mask and sunglasses , following you .

"Listen I gotta go, there's a lot of work from the office I have to do so I won't  be able to come over today, is that fine ? ", u lied .

"Oh its okay ,take care byeeeeee" , she said making u chuckle before ending the call .

Now fully aware of your surroundings, u start to move to the more crowded streets hoping to loose the person who was following u, but to no luck so u quicken your pace and duck into a nearby alleyway, to see if the person was actually following u.

Sure enough after about 30 seconds later u see the shadow of someone entering the alley. You quickly think on your feet and run towards the man and jump on his shoulders , wrap your legs around his neck and swinging yourself to use your body weight to make him fall to the ground u quickly get up and take a nearby trashcan cover and hit him on the head making him pass out, u freeze his legs and arms to the ground as an added precaution and run all the way to your apartment . 

You quickly enter your apartment and lock the door behind and slide down , your back to the door panting . Suddenly your gut tells you something's wrong so you quickly get up and take out the gun u had hidden under the floor board near the door without making much noise. U put your back against the wall and take a peek to see if someone was waiting for you. You quickly start to look around your gun pointed forward and a finger on the trigger. You suddenly spot a shadow in the corner and turn to it, grip on your gun tightening as you move towards it . You feel someone behind you and you quickly turn around freezing them to the wall. 

"Oh my god , its just you . Don't do that I could've killed you", You say moving towards Natasha so that you could unfreeze her hands.

"Awww, we meet after 7 years and this is how you greet me", Nat said pouting 

"Oh shut up." you scoffed , "I'm guessing the mystery person in that corner is Fury ", you say cocking your head towards the chair in the corner of the living room . 

"Good to see you too y/n" Fury said getting up and walking towards you as you unfroze Nat

"Yeah , yeah save the greetings what do you want , you're not here to ask me how things are going", you exasperated.

"We have a situation", Fury stated slightly annoyed as you choose to ignore him and head to the kitchen , but continued, "with the Tesseract "

"And what exactly is the Tesseract?", you said raising your eyebrow as you put down your glass of (favourite juice ). Intrigued by the object you took the tablet handed to you by Nat , but choose not to show it.

"Okay so this is the Tesseract , I remember Hydra wanted me to collect it on my way out after killing you . But I should care because ?" you say crossing your arms in front of you and raising your eyebrows . 

"Because it is extremely powerful and has gotten into the wrong hands " Fury said sternly .

"I knew that Mike Wazowski , I meant why do you need me ", you said smirking at your nickname for Fury , to which he scoffed .

"We need your help to locate the cube and your skill set would be of great help in retrieving it ", he said with a pleading look on his face , Natasha giving you puppy dog eyes . 

You rolled your eyes at Nat ,"I don't see how this is my problem . So tahtah , it was nice seeing you Nat , but I think you should leave . Buh-bye ", you said as you moved to open the door as a signal for them to leave . 

"Told you she wouldn't agree ", Nat said giving Fury 'a told you so' look , "now let me try "she said as he rolled his eye .

"Look Nat I like this life I have and I can't say I miss the action. There's nothing you can say to make me agree " you said giving her an apologetic look and moving in towards the living room couch.

"Look you know we wouldn't come to you if it wasn't serious . Barton's been compromised ", she said putting a hand on your shoulder .

As soon as she said that your eye's widened . You take her hand off your shoulder and start moving towards the door and grab your jacket .

"What are you guys waiting for an invitation ? lets go" you said cocking your head to the door .

Fury and Nat smile at this and follow you . You make your way towards the roof where you see a  helicopter and start moving towards it . 

𝐇𝐢 𝐲𝐚'𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ✨𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞✨

𝐇𝐢 𝐲𝐚'𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ✨𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞✨. 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐒𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭? 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭? 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭? 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬. 

𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐱 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬💖.

𝐒𝐨 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐭𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬: 𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐂𝐔 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐲?

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬