08

*Flashback*

NO POV

June 26th, 2018

*a female's voice over in Italic ;)*

You both were the best of friends. Completely inseparable. 

The 16 and 17 year old siblings sat on the bench near the ledge 50ft above the ground, laughing and bickering. The two never failed to come to the very spot every sunset with their gummies and chips since they were 10. Perhaps because this is also the very spot their mother had last been seen.

The ledge my loves...That ledge was the only place that gave me hope to free. A place I thought he wouldn't be able to find me. That's what saying good-bye always feels to me like–like jumping off a ledge. I hate to think about how I had been so selfish to even think about doing it. Leaving you too alone with that monster free. But the feeling of when you're once in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go, fueled me. I'm sorry loves. It was never you and maybe someday you will realise it wasn't all me. 

"She's literally obsessed with you," Marybeth giggles. 

"I mean, so am I," Jace winks. Marybeth nudges jace and chuckles. 

"No but seriously you should go out with her! She seems really nice.." Marybeth insists. 

"But I dont want to..she's nice and stuff but I don't really like her," Jace explains. 

"You've said that to 11 girls who wanted to hangout with you, they've all probably started a hate group by now," Marybeth rolls her eyes. 

"So be it," Jace replies. 

"I'd be flattered if I were you,"

"I'd be flattered if I were you too," He sighs. 

"What do you mean? My life's boring compared to yours." 

"You won't get it," 

"You have like 5 of the prettiest girls in our grade and I'm stuck with Tristan." Marybeth argues.

"I said you wont get it!" Jace yells.

 Marybeth's eyes immediately tear up.

"Oh...I'm so sorry Beth. I didn't mean to, I swear." Jave attempts to comfort Marybeth. 

You my love, absolutely hated being shouted at, since you were a young girl. I noticed how you cried when there was an argument or when someone screamed out warning when 8 month old you was too close to the end of the bed. I cared about you more than anyone could. 

"You know you can tell me anything right Jace?" Snivelling, she wiped her nose with the back of her hand, gasping out between sporadic running tears.

"I do Beth. I would never keep anything from you, Ms. Bradford we're braddies for life." He point out his pinky finger, she intertwines it with his. 

"Then tell me what I dont understand. I will at least try to."

"I don't like shes'...I like hes'," Jace says avoiding Marybeth's eyes.

"So you're gay?" 

"Um yeah I guess..." Jace says filled with uncertainty. 

"Makes sense." Marybeth answers. 

"Did you already know that?" Jace asks, astonished by Marybeth's response.

"Now I do." She says looking at the setting sun.