06

Jason

2:42 p.m, April 2nd, 2019

It's the first week of April. Everyone's either excited about getting accepted or pissed about getting waitlisted or just realising how fucked up they are. Everyone has been posting their acceptance letter on their stories, I haven't been able to do that yet and that pisses me off. I should've gotten my acceptance letter by now. I know I'm accepted, it's not a suspense for me but it is for everyone else. It's not going to be my first time seeing an acceptance letter. Who knew a job paying $2 per hour could give me so many benefits. My dad thought it was a good idea to enroll me in Harvard's voluntary service without asking me, but well it worked out in the end, better than I imagined it to.

I didn't want to do it. Well, not exactly. I wanted some money of my own to spend when I run out. Little do my parents know I get paid and laid. 

I lock my bedroom door and take out the old Nokia hidden in the vent behind the dresser. Not the fanciest phone I know, but it does the job and is the most affordable. I dial the only contact on the phone. After a few rings, she picks up. 

"Where is it? I did my part as you liked."

"Babe I cannot believe you...didnt your sister go missing a few months back?" 

"Answer me. That has got nothing to do with this!" I say frustrated. 

She laughs in response.

"I'll look in to it babe" she coos. Shes so fucking annoying sometimes.

"K thanks bye-" 

"Oh no sweetheart," she interrupts 

"huh?"

"You dont get things like this so easily," she says.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on now, you can't be that slow,"

"What are you insinuating Laura?"

"Stop acting so oblivious, get here now. I would also love to give you your acceptance letter with my own hands," She hangs up. 

                                                                                  ...

9:22 am, Monday, January 12th, 2019

Done. Finally. I don't need to worry bout not getting into colleges anymore. Feels very odd saying that but it is what it is. I straighten my tie, adjust my shirt and collar. I exit the office leaving behind Laura sprawled on her couch. I really killed two birds with one stone this time. I couldn't bask in my glory for much longer as a guy, about 6ft in a navy polo tshirt and khakis, immersed in his thoughts, walking at a fast pace almost jogging rams into me. I hold the railing to regain my balance in an attempt to not fall off the rails in front of me. The man holds on to the rail next to my hands for dear life. Still haven't gained his balance I give him my hand as I recover from the 'what the fuck just happened' stage, to hold on so he can regain his balance. 

"Bro what the hell?! You good?" I say as I catch my breath. 

"I'm so sorry, Thank you!" He says, already ready to leave. 

 "Be careful man. You could've fallen over!" 

"Yeah yeah I know, sorry again" he says as he starts sprinting again. Now that is what you call a dickhead.  

I pull down my blazer and adjust my tie and come out of the administration building. I walk around a bit, half searching for Nancy and half surveying my future college. The same girl I bumped into before, walks in my direction. She must have been a cheerleader in highschool. She's so peppy and jolly and for some reason jumps with every word she says.