2. Entrance Exam (pt. 2)

The written portion of the exam brought out everyone's anxiety. Even the most confident students could get nervous on the written exam for there's no actual guarantee of how well you will perform or how you will be marked.

Sai was prepared for the exam for the most part. He had spent hours practicing the mental and logical problems from a preparation book and also bought six to seven books for practicing English and Japanese syllabus for high school students. He had a difficult time at critical writing portions because they took up a lot of time and there wasn't a specified word count. So he attempted those at the end.

He finished writing half-an-hour before the paper was due and spent the rest of the time re-checking the paper so as to not appear suspicious. He had to make sure that his performance was average but acceptable enough to be put into the hero course.

One must wonder why Sai was putting so much effort to join a course he didn't even want to pursue. The answer was pretty simple. He was there to warn someone. Once his job was done, no one would care if he quit later. He just had to make sure that he warned the principal, Nezu and the heroes, Eraserhead and Vlad King about the information that he had. Afterall, he wasn't the only one who had noticed the reduced amount of criminal activity for the past few months.

After the bell rang, Sai handed his paper to the invigilator, Cementoss, and made his way out to get to the practical examination grounds. His assigned ground was Ground Alpha. He just hoped everything went according to plan from this point on.

Standing with a bunch of other candidates, the black-haired boy noticed the brown-haired girl from earlier. She looked nervous and would jump lightly on the spot in an attempt to shake off the nerves. He was about to go to her when he was interrupted. Very rudely, might he add.

"Are you trying to sabotage that girl? Can't you see she's trying to concentrate?" The glasses boy from earlier stood before him blocking his path.

Sai opened his mouth to retaliate when he was interrupted once more.

"Alright everybody! We'll be beginning the exam! Ready? Go!"

He didn't wait for anyone and pushed the glasses boy out of his way to get into the mock city. All the other candidates who were gathered around him started to jeer at him about starting before being signalled.

"Ha! Look at that guy! He has no idea when to even enter."

"He's probably very nervous."

"Let him go in first. He'll tire out and we will steal all the points later because he'll lead us right to them!"

Sai ignored all the useless chatter. He had already used his telekinesis to boost his speed and had started on collecting points by destroying one and two pointer robots while Present Mic's voice reprimanded the candidates that were still standing outside.

"What are you all waiting for? In real life, there’s no count down!" Present Mic said. "Seems like only candidate no. 1077 has the right idea!"

Telekinesis wasn't a power that he used often. Mostly because it reminded him of his late mother. But it was also one of the more common power-types in the quirk world.

He had already moved deeper into the mock city and started to attack the three-pointers for points by the time the rest of the candidates filed in after him in a hurry.

After destroying another three-pointer and raking up thirty-four villain points, Sai levitated himself to the top of a rooftop and waited there for the end of the examination to be announced.

'Since it's the hero course, they definitely don't just have villain points. Otherwise they would just call them points and not add villain  before it. There's more to this exam. And I think I know what it is.'

Sai swooped down to save a random candidate from a robot who was about to attack them from behind. The candidate thanked him and moved to destroy the said robot to get points.

He saved another candidate from almost getting hit by a stray laser beam and then another from getting caught up in falling rubble from someone's slightly destructive quirk.

All of them just had 15 minutes on the clock to gather up the points. By then, Sai had collected 39 villain points and had saved six candidates from being either severely injured or dying accidentally.

With just one minute left on the clock, the black-haired boy started to feel relieved. It would be over soon and then he could have Tsuki's packed bento for lunch before going home. But things weren't going to simple for him today.

The ground started rumbling and a few buildings surrounding the epicentre of the chaos started to rattle and fall from the induced earthquake. The ground cracked open as a humongous robot started to rise from the ground.

Sai could only sigh as he noticed the robot standing a 100 metres away from him.

"Great. Just great."

He was about to make a run for it when he noticed something that halted him in his tracks.

The robot, as it was making it's way forward, destroyed all the surrounding buildings. The rubble from them had been falling on the road. That wasn't strange, of course. But the worrying part was the girl that was trapped under said rubble. If that robot kept moving forward, it would crush the girl and kill her on the spot.

Gritting his teeth, Sai took stance as he raced forward, boosting his speed and used his telekinesis to lift all the rubble away from the girl and to the zero-pointer robot instead. The rubble slammed into the robot knocking it back a few metres before the robot screeched and moved forward again.

The girl hadn't moved except for standing upright. She seemed to be injured as she was holding her ribs and swaying a bit. He couldn't let anything happen to the girl.

Making a final decision, he concentrated at the robot and stretched his hand towards it.

'I'm going to regret this later,' he thought, before he let out a little more of his power and let his telekinetic powers take control of the zero-pointer.

The robot was lifted off of the ground. Once it was at least twenty feet off the ground, Sai used his powers to get the girl to safety before he focused back at the robot.

"Begone," he said out loud. And with one crushing gesture, the robot that was taller than all the buildings in the mock city and towered over everything present here, was crushed like a metal can before dropping to the ground.

Dusting off his shirt and jacket, Sai gave the girl a once over to make sure she wasn't too hurt.

"Get yourself checked out," he said to her before the end of the exam was announced and he made his exit from the fake city arena, leaving a bunch of astounded candidates in his wake.