2# Reality

Lost

Lost. That was the feeling that chorused through every vein of Yudhishthira. He should have bee the happiest at this moment when he was set out to wed the love of his life. But , was it the same to her ? Did she trust him enough to believe that he wouldn't let her go , would fight for them ?

It had been a slow venom , the departure from her spreading all through his heart yet unseen by any eye. He did think it would take his life one day but even the reins of his life was not meant to be in his hands. Tying the knot with Draupadi dawned upon as blessing , there was no life without her. Her every move earned bouts of respect and silent admiration from him. But he felt he was doing injustice to both of his love. Two eyes of his they were and he couldn't make a choice.

Those weddings of Krishna only burned his wounds more. For Kalindi's wedding , she could not make it. It only ignited the searing need to get a glance of her. The next wedding came and Yudhishthira had his eyes everywhere. With Khandavaprastha turned to Indraprastha , it was the only hustle around him with few kings trying to get details. He knew a few burnt but it was his inner heart that burnt to just get a glance of her. He would have lost count of times when he looked for her but got disappointment in return. She was around him , he knew it yet didn't come in front of him. Didn't she want to be even seen by him ?

He only hoped he didn't turn into someone in her eyes that she never dreamt off. He would die if he saw accusation in her eyes , the sting of betrayal. The time of knot neared and Yudhishthira made peace with the fact that she didn't want to be seen. But amidst the holy altar , his eyes found hers on him. Misty , filled with inner relief , a joy , an intense longing... Yudhishthira didn't know what it was in her eyes. But it held him in grounds , without a move or a word. His heart would have loved to scream and profess his love ,melt every distance between them and assure her , he wouldn't let her side.

Draupadi's hands in his palms shook him back to reality. He moved out from the crowd , needing for a breath. How could he think on those lines ? It isn't love , Yudhishthira resorted to curb his inner feelings. She wouldn't want him either , his thoughts led him to an alter direction. Two weddings more came but it remained same without no confrontation.

But , the recent visit to Dwarka had ripped apart every war in his heart. The news of her Swayamvara had made it clear to him , he loved her. Heart and soul , eternity and beyond. He couldn't imagine the prospect of some groom with ' his ' girl. Then came a course of dilemma , ' his ' girl didn't sound bad but did she want to be his ? He dismissed the thought and kept it as ' Rajkumari '. It would keep things in bay and he left to Indraprastha disappointed maybe destiny had some other plans. He didn't want to get a sight of her which would weaken him down.

If not for the push of Draupadi , he was sure a part of him would have been crumbled mercilessly. But now that he is out for her, he hoped the love was mutual and she would have the trust on him.