1# Dreams

Shivi 

Shivi 

Devika was disappointed with the recent events that unfolded in Dwarka. Her Swayamvara was hardly far and she had hoped she would meet him in Dwarka. But , it looked like he didn't want too and had left the dawn she arrived. Why ?

 She tossed the clothes away in frustation. Tears came to her eyes feeling dejected. She can't be of anyone else , she was taken in every way. She was his , claimed or unclaimed. She wished he knew it. 

Her eyes fell on a book that had mingled with her clothes that she brought from Dwarka. What could it be ? 

Devika reached out to it quick and had never anticipated it to come across it in her dreams. Carrying a deep masculine scent , words were inked in deep black ink. 

When Ajatashatru dared to dream

Her eyes went round her chambers as palace - maids kept spilling in for arrangements of Swayamvara. 

" Vaanika " , Devika called out holding the book close to her heart , " I am in the music chamber for a while , let none in ". Vaanika nodded knowing it was an order. 

Devika slipped into the chambers and for a moment , she was lost in thoughts. Should she go ahead with something that was his ? Her heart dismissed conducts away and pushed only one thought. It had come to her and it was no steal from her side. 

Devika turned the page to drown into the world that was ' his ' , shielded from every eye , every wall even his own king self perhaps. Just a man with dreams of his love. 

Dreams , a part of every person's life. But these are just not dreams to me. It is a world that I live in atleast a few moments. 

For a person's whose dreams were always decided and told , this is my heaven - the only place when I dared to dream. King , Eldest of all the hundred and five , father figure to my four pillars...choice had never been given.I was asked to become able for each responsibility and I did without any regrets or complains. What is life if not lead for others ? But I realized slowly , it preyed upon every little joy , every celebration that came in the way. Whole life was a battle with storms unwinding after every silence , life threats and losses at every step. A life none would want but a one I had to lead. I will with a smile since fates are written by Almighty. 

But this is my world , a man filled with dreams of his love. Every little thing here would have my choice , my feelings down...only if I could ever find my ' one '. 

Devika lifted her eyes from the yellowed pages with a sad smile. She could read between the lines , loneliness filled in every pore even after having everything around. Why ? Only reason it was forced , he didn't have any say on it. Everything was told , never asked from him. What an irony , he passed orders being a king but his own life was under orders. She wish she could scream , he was a mortal no toy. What could a life be where even dreams weren't one's own ? Still with a sight of him , peace would flow effortlessly even to a distressed heart. What was he made of ? , Devika wondered flipping to read the next.