2# Light

Subhadra got down from the palanquin hurriedly

Subhadra got down from the palanquin hurriedly. Her heart raced to meet him and she made no attempts to stop it , starting at once from Dwarka.

On the way back , she felt her name taken by him. It should be him , her heart mused. He calls and she doesn't hear ? She never let that happen in the last few years , times when their love grew in leaps.

" Subhadra ? "

Yudhisthira who paced in the corridors was taken by surprise. It was close to midnight.

" Pranaam Jyeshtha" , Subhadra quickly bowed giving a smile.

" You at this hour ? " , concern filled Yudhisthira's eyes. " Bhrata Satyaki came with me , Jyeshtha " , Subhadra looked restless and Yudhisthira just nodded in understanding. Offcourse , Krishna and Balarama would never let her alone.

Subhadra walked past hurriedly and stopped in her steps suddenly.

" Jyeshtha "

Yudhisthira turned around.

" Please catch some rest for my sake...at least for Thanu ? " , Subhadra's words made Yudhisthira smile. He was glad he had a sister in the form of her.

" Don't worry , I will " , Yudhisthira said as Subhadra smiled. Nights never made a come back into Yudhisthira's life , she knew but time had to heal every wound. Family would stand by him in it.

Subhadra raced to the chambers that belonged to the ruler of her heart. She pushed the doors and was greeted with darkness. Well , she knew where he must be if not here but before that certain preparations had to be done.

Subhadra pulled the log of fire outside the corridors and lit the chambers quickly.

" I like light around Bhadre. Always feels divinity surrounds the air "

He had told her once and it was her task to dispel it now. To light the lamps again for ' them '.

Dwarka visit was unplanned but it made sense now. She was in no state to refuse when Krishna asked her back then. She hardly knew things going around her like her mind was shut by a lock. Dwarka had lit the lamp in her heart that was extinguished in the war and now light had to enter his life. She would make sure of it.

She quickly made way towards the royal kitchen and was greeted by a few which she acknowledged with a nod. She went around to find some rotis and spinach curry. Not his liking , she mused.

She made a quick side - dish to his taste and rushed out like a wind with plates filled in her hand. Coming to his room , she placed it there and took a sight of it for one last time. Better.

She knew where she had to go next.