He put Eve down on the bed and grabbed a bag from next to the window. He pulled out black duct tape, tightly put a strip on my lips, and taped my hands and feet together. The men watched and laughed at me while I struggled to get out. They both carried Eve out the window and disappeared.

Tears poured down my cheeks and were wetting the carpet. I started sobbing and screaming for my sister. All of my screams were suppressed by the tape. I kept screaming for almost half an hour. I decided that I needed to do something else. I shuffled over to the closest wall and started banging with my hands and feet.

More tears rolled down my cheeks at the pain, but I needed to get help. I needed to get Eve. I rolled so I was in a sitting position with my feet at the bottom of the wall. I kicked forward as hard as I could, but it didn't make a loud enough noise.

I looked around for something louder. Something that will get someone's attention.

Lamp!

I rolled towards the nightstand and started hitting it. The lamp was shaking, but it didn't fall. I focused all my strength on the piece of wood. I kicked it with all my might. The lamp tilted from left to right until it fell to the floor.

Not even a minute later, Asher came into the room with another guy.

"Matthew!" Asher exclaimed and ran over to me. He easily tore the tape off off my wrists and ankles, then gently peeled the tape off my mouth.

My skin was numb and red where the man put the tape on me. I started rubbing my wrists and I wiped my face.

"What happened?" Asher asked.

"T-They took E-Eve," I sniffled.

"What?!" Asher shouted. "Who took her?"

"Um.... I can't remember..."

"Who took her?!" Asher growled.

His eyes flashed gold and I scooted away from him. I let out a loud sob and started rocking back and forth while crying. Now he was mad at me. "Asher!" the guy who came in with my sister's mate shouted. "Yelling at him isn't gonna help. He just got tied up and someone took his sister! Take it easy."

Asher took deep breaths before walking over to me. "Matthew, I really need your help. Who took Eve?" Asher asked softly.

I calmed myself down before answering. "Two guys," I responded.

"Okay. When did they take her?" he inquired.

"I don't know. She was crying, then she fell asleep. They took her while she was sleeping."

"I need you to tell me exactly what happened," Asher stated.

"Uh... I saw a guy grabbing her and I was gonna scream, but they covered my mouth and taped my hands and feet together. I tried to help her," I cried. "I-I tried, but I couldn't. I couldn't help E-Eve." I started sobbing again.

Asher gently picked me up. "Brian." The guy who walked in with Asher looked at us. "I'm gonna take Matthew to see the pack doctor. Double the patrol around the borders and send trackers out to find Eve."

"Yes, Alpha," Brian nodded.

Asher walked out of the room and I started to fall asleep.

*****

Asher

Matthew fell asleep while I walked to the doctor's office. The pack doctor checked on him and said that he will heal, but needs to rest. I thanked him and went back to the guest room.

I could smell the two scents, mixed with Eve's scent. All three were barely noticeable. They've been gone almost an hour. I angrily punched the wall. I wasn't angry at the men who took her, but I was pissed at myself. I hurt her again. I told her that she wouldn't go through the pain. I told her that I would stay with her. I promised.

I let Wendy kiss me. How the hell could I always forget about Eve? She's my mate! How could I let that happen again? If I didn't let Wendy kiss me, if I pushed her off; Eve would have stayed in the office. She wouldn't be upstairs for the men to take her. She would be safe with me. She would be here.

I could have stopped this. I slid down the wall and sat with my head in my hands.

Brian came inside the room. "We'll get her back," he assured me.

"This is all my fault," I voiced my thoughts.

Brian sat a foot away from me against the wall. "You couldn't have stopped them."

"Yes I could!" I shouted. "She came here because of me!"

"She wanted to meet the pack. You didn't force her to come here."

I pulled at my hair. "I mean she came in the room because of me," I sighed. "Wendy came into my office and I fucking kissed her. In front of Eve!" I angrily shouted.

"You're an idiot," Brian bluntly replied.

"I have to be like the worst mate ever."

Brian got up grinning like an idiot. "Not if you find her. Then you'll be a hero."

"That's cheesy."

"But its true. So get off your lazy ass and go find the Princess!" Brian demanded.

I pushed myself off the wall and stood up. "Did the trackers find anything?" I asked, going into Alpha-mode.

"They followed the scents. The two men met up with another group. None of the scents smelt like rogues," Brian reported.

"If they're not rogues, then who the hell are they?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'm not sure. Their scents aren't familiar to any of the warriors or trackers."

"So they're part of a pack that we haven't come in contact with?" I questioned. Brian nodded. "Well how am I supposed to find her then?"

"The kid. He had to seen or heard something. We can ask him," he stated.

"Matthew is asleep," I reminded him.

"So we'll wait till he wakes up."