Fighting Without Arms

"He can't use his hands anymore."

These words pierced the hearts of anyone who heard it in the most painful way possible. 

"What do you mean?" Storge asked, still in a state of disbelief. 

Dr. Owen turned to her, Noelle, Charmy, Gordon (he was there but nobody noticed), and Finral, who came to the doctor's appointment with Asta. His healing magic slowly disappeared into thin air. 

"It's not just broken. It's also cursed." Dr. Owen explained. "There's nothing we can do about his hands." 

"Heh really?" Asta said, still in his cheerful voice. He was smiling brightly, but everyone in the room knows that he's in denial.  "You sure there's no way to fix this? Maybe with a super-duper strong magic spell or something?"

Storge's head perked up. "The Wizard King!" She exclaimed. "He has time magic right? Maybe he can help. You've talked to him before right Asta? There's no way he won't lend a helping hand." 

Storge was forced to shut up with the sound of Dr. Owen's grimoire closing shut.  He just shook his head. "You can't use your sword again, Asta." He spoke. 

He then stood up and left. 

 No one spoke on the portal ride home and Finral informed everyone, including Yami, about everything while Asta tried his best to return to his old self. 

"Relax guys, I'll find a way!" He encouraged the rest of the squad. No one was convinced at all. 

At lunch, Charmy made some barbeque skewers. 

"Look at me! I've learned to eat with my feet!" Asta proudly proclaimed as he bend down to eat a chunk of meat from a skewer that was held upright by his toes. 

Storge and Noelle forced a smile. "Congrats..." Storge managed to say. Magna and Vanessa simply looked away because they physically hide the gloomy looks on their face. 

After lunch, Storge helped him collect his used skewers. "Well," Asta said. "I'm gonna head back into my room. It has been a pretty exhausting day! See ya later Storge!" 

"Asta..." Storge felt crushed inside. In her 15 years of living, Asta never let the worst things gets to him. No matter how bad life gets for him, he kept smiling, screaming in determination as he kept going. But the bad side of life finally caught up with him and there was nothing Storge could do but spectate from afar. 

"Poor kid," Magna said with a dejected look on his face. 

"Life is cruel isn't it," Vanessa said, sinking into the sofa in the common room. "The boy has no magic. Now, he can't even use the only weapon he has."

"Are you sure his hands can't be fixed?" Luck asked. "I really REALLY wanna fight him again." 

"I'm sorry Luck senpai," Storge said. "Dr. Owen said that there was nothing they could do." 

"Ah, what should I cook la?!" Charmy was at a state of panic. "Asta needs food!" 

"Calm down Charmy senpai, I'm sure Asta will eat anything you give him," Magna comforted her. 

Storge closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the sofa. Through her muddled thoughts, she could hear the sound of the crackling flame in the fire place. "Come on," she thought. "If I were Asta, what would I do?" 

She came up with nothing. 

"Man, being Asta is way harder than I thought." 

Her thoughts were cut short by the sound of Noelle's hurried footsteps.