Storge Means Familial Love

"Father?" a little girl gently said, peeking from behind the door to Father Orsi's office. Father Orsi turned to the small girl standing in the doorway while hugging a plump brown teddy bear half her size. 

"Storge? Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" He asked. 

"I woke up because Asta kicked me in the face in his sleep," she said. "I'm scared he is going to kick me again."

 The poor girl yawned, displaying how tired she actually is. Orsi smiled. "You poor girl," he said, picking her up and placing her on his lap. He could feel the small warm body lean on his chest as his arms wrapped around her. The sound of crackling fire brought a sense of peace in the room. 

"Father, can you tell me the story again?" She asked. 

Father Orsi was baffled. "That story? But you've heard it 10 times already dear. Aren't you bored of it by now?" 

She shook her head as hands hugging the bear a little tighter. "Mr. Brownie hasn't heard the story yet. And I can't tell the story better than you can."

Father Orsi smiled. "Alright, alright. But I'll make this time quick so you can go back to bed."

"Okay!" She said, repositioning herself to find the most comfortable spot  to listen. Father Orsi cleared his throat. 

"How old are you Storge?" 

"5"

"Which means that it all happened 5 years ago, here in Hage village on a bright sunny morning..." 

5 years ago. 

Father Orsi left the church for his weekly grocery shopping in the market. 

"Good morning Father Orsi!" A female stall keeper said. 

"Good morning Magdalena. How are the girls doing?" He said as he approached the vegetable covered stall. 

"Wonderful, ever since they got their grimoires there isn't a quiet moment in the house anymore," she replied with the wide smile and a laugh. "Anyways, I have your potatoes for you. Large and plump as usual." 

"I feel exposed," Father Orsi jokingly said as he handed over his basket. Magdalena took it from his hands and proceeded to fill it up. "Are you sure you don't want anything else? The cabbages and radishes are still fresh. I'll give them to you for half the price!" 

"No thank you. The potatoes will do just fine."

"Again with your humble life philosophy," she sighed and handed back the basket now heavily filled with potatoes. "If all the people dedicated to the church end up like you I'll make sure none of my girls end up as women of cloth (aka sisters, the women who help raise the orphans that the church takes in)." Both share a friendly laugh. 

Just as Father Orsi grabbed the basket handle, a loud scream was heard from an alley. A few heads turned as a heavily pregnant lady immerged from an alley the corner of a building, only to collapse on the ground. 

Father Orsi dropped the blanket and rushed over. Magdalena did the same after calling one of her daughters who was nearby to take over the stall. He got down on his knees to find a trail of blood leading to the trembling lady. He turned her around and help her lean on his body. 

"Miss? Are you alright?" He asked. "Someone! Get a recovery mage! She's hurt!" He barked at the crowed and three people took initiative and left. Magdalena soon approached them and wiped the dirt of the poor lady's face with her apron. 

"Help..." the lady breathed out with one hand clenching her swollen belly. "I think my baby is coming." 

Father Orsi and Magdalena looked at each other with concern. "My house," she blurted out. "The girls and I will take car of her there." "Okay," he said. He then picked up the pregnant lady bridal style and they rushed to Magdalena's house.