Chapter 18- The Police!?!

An- Okay so I know author notes are annoying but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has stayed even tho I haven't been updating like normal this chapter also might be shorter than normal.

Third POV

Reki and Langa were back at 'Dope Sketch.' testing out a new thing they added to Langa's board. "How's this?"Reki asked Langa. "I went with toe clips so that you can switch stances," Langa explained "Reki, this is great!" Langa said in excitement. "Call me 'Mechanic Star Reki'!" Reki said proudly pointing to himself. "This is far better than the other day!" Langa said ignoring what he said. "Hey, listen to me," Reki said in a bit of disappointment. "But this won't do alone." "Can you win against Chinen with this board?" Reki asked. Langa took that question and thought about it. "That's..." Langa started.

  "No way." Manager Oka said. "You're up against a Japanese national team hopeful, right?" He asked. "Go bow your head down and have it canceled." He said walking away with a box. "Nope! We're definitely gonna win!" Reki said pumping his fists. "But I'm the one skating," Langa said dejectedly. "Cheeky brats like that really need to be taught a clear lesson!"

  A photographer was taking a picture of Miya. Through the lens (I think that's what they are called.) you could see Miya smiling. "I still have a long way to go," Miya explained to the reporter. "I feel I'm lacking in experience compared to the top skaters." "Experience expands my imagery for tricks." While Miya was talking to the reporter 2 kids who seemed to be in his age group were giving him a stink eye, but quickly looked away when they saw a new face who seemed to be giving them a death glare from above.

   "In that aspect, I'd like to go up against all sorts of opponents." On the sidelines, a man with blue hair and a suit, who was followed by a few people were walking. "Repairs were made twice. Eight years ago and two years ago." A man with glasses told the group. "However, the building itself is no longer..." "It is quite damaged." The blue-haired man said.

  "I'll suggest a remolding during the next session," he spoke calmly. He looked down and noticed people interviewing Miya. "I heard they were doing an interview of the skater Chinen."

  "It seemed like he's been rather sluggish in progress recently." "but it looks like he found a good opponent."

 Miya looked at his helmet while the adults were talking. "Next, can we get a shot of you practicing?" "Got it," Miya replied, putting on the helmet. "You guys! Open up a spot!" The instructor commanded. "This again?" One of the kids groaned out. "Hey, lend an ear, will ya?" Another kid asked whispering to another. Once all the skaters cleared Miya went in and did a few tricks.

  While doing his tricks the same kid from before made a signal to him. With that signal, the two of them pushed their board aiming for Miya who was doing a handstand on his board. Miya luckily just jumped and took one of the boards that were aiming for him and used it to perform another trick. "Wow! So cool!" The Interviewer/Reporter said. "Those guys..." Two people said at the same time. But with different reactions. One with disappointment, and the other with rage. "Dammit!" The blonde said while putting his foot back onto his board. But before it could land another leg got to it first. "That's why you guys are no good," Miya said in a serious tone. "I'll never lose against guys who group up with others."

Time skip and another location.

   "Drop your hips more!" Langa Obeyed and did as told. "Looking good! Get used to the downhill speed!" Reki advised. "Man..." Reki muttered skating downhill with the other two. "He can already skate at this speed?" Reki questioned. "This is too good to ignore!" (Y/n) who was skating close to him hummed in agreement.

  When they made it into the car lot Langa fell off his board and fell on his bottom. "You alright?" Reki asked. "Somehow," Langa responded. "You bailed around here earlier, too. Is there a crack or something?" Reki asked looking around. "You know how friction for snowboards is the same whether it's from the front or from the side?" "Yeah." "For skateboarding, you go really fast going forward," Langa explained. "But when you try to go sideways, you suddenly start braking," Langa said spinning the wheels on his board. "Oh, so that's why you get hitched up when you're turning." Reki realized. "I just have to get used to it, but..."

  Reki was pondering what Langa was saying, what could he do to help his friend out. But before (Y/n) could warn the two a shout came from the other side. "Hey!" Reki shook in fear after hearing the voice. "What are you doing here?!" The officer yelled. "Crap! Make a run for it!" Reki shouted, running with his board. The others are following as well. "I'll meet you at 'DOPE'!" Reki shouted. "Got it/See yeah." The other two responded. Reki runs solo while Langa and (Y/n) run together, but before he is too far from Reki (Y/n) yells something to him. "Lov-" "I-i mean Good luck." Both teens blush but are too focused on running. "Wait up!" The officer yelled. "Come on Langa!" You yelled. "Why our way?" Langa complained.

  "Do your best!" Reki cheerfully said running. The blush is still noticeable if you looked at it from a light source.  Suddenly Reki tripped on an old chair part. "Ow!" Reki mumbled. "What the..." Reki turned around and finally noticed the chair piece. Paying close attention to the wheel part he got a brilliant idea.

 Reki was in the workshop messing around with the wheels when (Y/n) and Langa arrived. "Oh, are you both all right?" Reki asked. Peeking out the door were Langa and (Y/n) with looks that could kill. "You abandoned us," Langa said. "Hey, no grudges guys," Reki said a bit terrified. Langa walked over to Reki and handed him his board while (Y/n) sat on one of the chairs and continued playing one of his new games.

  "What's that?" Langa asked pointing to the wheel. There was this idea I came up with." "This will make your board something else!" Reki explained. "Reki Langa Special Rolling Slider, shortened to 'Reki-L2S'!" He had sparkles surrounding him. "You came up with a weird name again, and 'Rolling' is spelled with an R." "Anyways, watch this!" "Hey, guys! I found something good!" Manager Oka said peeking his head through the door. "Amazing, he doesn't just skate." Langa pointed out. "The more I watch, the more he seems amazing! Nothing less from a national team hopeful!" Oka said. "He's amazing, but..." Reki started. "He..." "doesn't look like he's having fun." (Y/n) sighed at this, but it was too quiet to hear.  Langa looked closer and could understand why Reki thought this.