3x06-Staring at the Sun

Charlie was looking over Mr O'Malley's chart with George, when Meredith entered with the brightest grin on her face

"Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay, 'cause life is good. Life is good." She announced happily, only to stop when she noticed the younger blonde shaking her head softly.

"What's going on?"

Keeping her attention on her friend, the British girl hear Izzie answer, "George's dad was admitted last night."

"Oh my god, is he alright?"

The boy himself raised his head, nodding slowly, "He's fine."

"He passed out, hit the floor, and fractured his clavicle as a result." Informed Charlie, continuing to rub the boy's shoulder in comfort as he stuttered, "His clavicle is fine. Callie said... she said it's fine."

Mer's eyes narrowed in worry, "Are those his AM labs?"

"Complaining of severe abdominal pain." Explained Alex, handing them over.

Looking over at their person, Cristina added softly, "He doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good."

The group nodded their agreement, as Bailey entered the locker room, questioning, "Has anybody seen..."

Noticing her presence, George bit his lip, before handing over his dad's chart, an apologetic look on his face, "I was just looking at it." He explained.

"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?" The resident retorted, only to be awarded with a guilty looking nod. Exhaling sharply, she announced, "You're on SCUT today. You'll be distracted."

Sensing he was about to complain, she raised her hand and continued sternly, "Family members do not treat family members. SCUT."

"I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Dr. Burke this morning." Cris explained, as she turned around so Charlie could tie her braid off.

Bailey rolled her eyes, murmured a derisive, "of course you are..." which made both of Cristina's people share concerned glances.

Glancing at the rest of her group, she ordered, "Karev, Sloan. Hawthorne and Grey, pit. Stephens shadow Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation."

The former model sighed, as Alex hurried to. Interject, "I think she knows the rules Dr. Bailey."

Nonetheless, Bailey continued, "No touching patients, no talking to patients," Izzie rolled her eyes in response, which prompted the woman to add, "no rolling your eyes at patients...or your superiors."

Charlie giggled, exiting the room along with Mer, both blondes preparing for a full day in the ER.

Walking beside her person, her attention was drawn when Mer asked, "So...how did the date with McSteamy go?"