2x09-Yesterday

She'd taken a detour this morning, deciding to get some actually pleasant to the taste-buds coffee, instead of the hospital's for once

Sue her, she'd almost died, again. She deserved it.

Standing in line, she was about to pay for her double 'bone-dry' cappuccino, which really was just an ungodly amount of espresso shots, with a layer of foam on top to convince her people she hadn't gone crazy, when a hand reached over and payed for her, "I'll have one of those as well." The man added.

The girl glanced up at him with a smirk, allowing her eyes to roam over his face.

He was attractive, for sure. With a sharp jaw speckled with neat stubble, a head of dark blond hair combed into perfection, and steely blue eyes.

One might even say he was the sexiest man she'd laid eyes on in a long time.

(One may say that, but not Charlie. Definitely not Charlie.)

"Thank you." She said, shooting him a smile, before taking her drink, and her muffin, giving Alexa (the barista) a smile, and settling herself on a table, an article about craniodiaphyseal dysplasia, since Jake Burton, the lovely boy she'd admitted last night suffered from it, in her hand.

What? It never killed to go into rounds prepared, and besides, she adored showing off.

"craniodiaphyseal dysplasia, huh? I'm gonna assume you're a surgeon, and not just reading this for fun."

Charlie smiled, rolling her eyes before gazing up at the blonde man, "Close, I'm a surgical intern actually. And you may as well grab a seat, since you've decided to converse."

He chuckled, nodding his head, before introducing himself, "Mark Sloan,"

"Pleased to make your acquaintance Mark Sloan, Charlotte Hawthorne."

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

They'd finished rounds, and the girl had headed straight to Bailey with a large smile, before pulling a small rattle from her pocket and handing it to the baby in her arms, "Hello little guy," Looking at her resident with happy eyes, she murmured, "I hope it's okay. I saw it the other day and thought he needed to have it."

"I know Charlie." Smiled Bailey.

She'd been keeping the woman company whilst Tucker recovered from his surgery, and thus, had gotten to know the little boy very well, besides, time with baby Tucks was healing from the mild trauma the bomb had caused.

"Are the OR's up and running?" Questioned the resident, eyes on the remaining interns.

"Ah yeah fully functional. Except there's some smoke damage to the corridor." Supplied Cris.

The new mother nodded, before glancing at Mer and Charlie, "How bout you two? You fully functional?"

The girls nodded, with the youngest adding, "Very much so. How is Tucker?"