|25| -B

The policemen sink their weapons and you smile. Even though your body starts to feel cold, you don't give up now.
North comes towards you. "Are you okay? You're pale" she asks and holds you up. You shake your head. "I need medical assistance, I can't do this alone" you pant and watch your side keep on leaking blood. Thankfully, the police are willing to give you an emergency blood transfer, but you protest that you can't rest and run out of the truck as soon as the transfer is done.

You see Markus and Connor standing across each other and you hear Connor ask for you. Markus is about to answer when you run up into Connors arms and give him the longest hug you've ever done. "And next time you decide to go somewhere without me, you fucking tell me, moron" you say and look up to Connor who's only smiling. "I'm only glad you're here." Your lips touch and you feel all the emotion of the last days, including Connors at once. Despair, Love, Friendship, Hope, Sadness, Anger, Fright.
You wipe your tears off with a laugh, then watch Simon and Markus who have done the same as you.
You all come together and listen to Markus' speech about freedom, then you go back to ring a certain doorbell.
The door opens and you look into Hanks face, which immediately softens when he sees you and Connor. He comes forward and hugs you both. "My child... don't you ever dare to go off into a protest wounded again! You hear me?" scolds Hank and you look down. "Depends on what the protest will be" All of you laugh and spend the night together, watching useless stuff on TV and teaching Connor board games.

Three years later

You keep laughing and laughing, unable to breathe at Connors confused face. "It's just a phone filter but it makes you look so weird!" you laugh and he's even more confused. "Why is this so funny?" That question makes you laugh even harder and you burst out coughing. "I can't breathe, oh my! Haha!" you keep laughing and coughing at the same time. "Oh no worries, I know how you can breathe again!" "No- Connor no- stop" you laugh when he comes closer, trying to perform mouth to mouth on you. "You're joking now, aren't you?" you grin and let Connor have his kiss. "Maybe I was" he says and suddenly grabs something out of his pocket. "But I'm not joking about this." He pulls out a ring and hands it to you, silver and engraved with the day both of you met. "Do you want to marry me?" In shock you burst out into tears and hug Connor.
"Of course, what a question!"
For the first time in his life, Connor felt what it was like to love and be loved eternally, and unconditionally and he promises himself to treasure it forever, until your breathing stops, your heart beats its last beat, and you see your last dawn.