|8|

Hank closes the door and puts on child's lock, leaving both Connor and yourself stuck in the backseat. "You stay there, I'm still holding a grudge against both of you" he says and closes the door.
"Great, time out" you sigh and try to open the door anyway, but this time the locks seem to work. "And the one time these locks work is now."
"That won't be a problem" Connor says and reaches forward, disabling the child's lock again. He steps out and you follow.
"We have police roaming the city in case anyone saw anything."
"Okay, well let me know if there's anything up" you father says and you cross your arms, staring up at the man. "Child's lock, really?"
"Shut up, I'm still mad at you. Also what's wrong with that?" he asks and you turn around, to see that Connor hasn't left the door and is just standing there. "I have no idea" you reply and face the sidewalk, then you decide to still walk up to the android.
"It took the first bus that came along, and stayed at the end of the line. It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear."
"Androids don't feel fear." Hank chuckles and puts down the pad.
"Deviants do" both Connor and you reply in sync.
"You both are very annoying together, you know that?" Hank says and goes away again.
You ignore him and continue. "The sudden feeling of emotion overwhelms them and they can't make rational, thought through decisions anymore, right?"
"That's right!" replies Connor and follows up. "It didn't have a plan and nowhere to go... Maybe it didn't even go far."
You nod excitedly, and turn around to go, but turn back around to inform Connor. Finding him looking away again you tap his arm, "I'll tell dad everything, I'll be back."
After explaining the thought process to Hank, he stays silent for a second. "Well if it hasn't gone far, it won't go further fast. Well find it sooner or later" he says.

"Connor, you're coming?" you ask into the backseat, when your father has already stepped out. "Me? I can, I am waterproof" he says and gets out. "Do androids eat? I can order you something as well" you offer and quickly walk over the street alongside the android. "No, I don't eat human food" he answers and you both arrive at the standing table. "Here you go" Hank says and slides you a a package of fries. Whilst eating your fries, the awkward silence is killing you inside.
So you decide to break it, with a joke.
"With all this rain around you don't have a heating system built in, do you, Connor? It's freezing out here" you force out a little laugh aswell.