|14|

"I'll ask the manager if he saw anything" says Hank and walks off.
Your face goes red when an android on a pole looks down at you and spins in your direction, then away again.
Suddenly your name is called out and you turn around. "What's the problem?" you ask Connor. "I need you to come with me" he says and drags you away. "Did you find something?" "Maybe." You both stop at an android and Connor points to the handprint scanner. "Oh hell no, I'm not renting a sex doll for you" you laugh and cross your arms, raising your eyebrows at Connor. "Please? It's gonna work, I'm sure" he insists and looks at you with pleading eyes. "Really?" you sigh and put your hand on it. "How long?" "Five Minutes even would be enough."
You type in the smallest time.
"A ten minute session costs 9.99. Please confirm your purchase."
You put your hand up again and the glass door opens up.
"Purchase confirmed. The Eden Club wishes you a pleasant experience."
"God, I hate this" you mumble, weirded out when the android coming out immediately moves in front of you and tries to touch up your arm. "Delighted to meet you. Follow me and I will take you to your room" the Traci says.

"Now what?" you ask Connor and get your hands away from the Traci.
Hank goes up to you watching Connor grab the Traci's arm aswell. "It saw something" Connor finally says and let's go of the Traci. "Saw what?" asks Hank.
"The deviant, leaving the room. It was a blue haired Traci" confirms Connor. "There was a sign on the walls, it said that it's policy that the memories of androids are wiped every 2 hours. How much time do we have left?" you ask, having a feeling it's not much. "Only a few minutes, let's go!" says Connor, moving around like he's seen a puppy for the first time. "He really enjoys this detective thing, doesn't he?" asks Hank and you follow a bit slower than Connor. "Yes... I can't say it isn't refreshing. Sometimes his behavior reminds me of a toddler, how old is his model again?" you think out loud. "Not very old, I don't remember clearly." "Makes sense."

You run around the club for a good two and a half minutes, only being able to watch Connor connect to all these androids, sometimes leaving a few dollars renting androids you'll never use. "This is the most expensive investigation I've ever had" you pant a little stopping at a staff door. "I know where it went, follow me!" shouts Connor towards you and Hank and you enter into the staff area.
About to enter the room, Hank shouts for you two to wait. "I'll take it from here, after what happened yesterday" he grumbles and goes in front of you. You cock your gun alongside Hank and all of you enter the room.
"Shit... we're too late" complains Hank. "Christ, look at them... They get used until they break and then they're tossed out." You start to freeze in the open room and go outside. It's started to snow outside. With the dim light of the room and coldness, the eery atmosphere gives you the chills. Suddenly, a groan and a thud come from the corner of the room and you put up your gun, running towards where Connor is being attacked.
"Don't move!" shouts Hank and from the side you can see he's got his gun up aswell, but it doesn't do anything.
An android runs forward and wants to jump onto your father and like in slow motion, your eyes dart between Connor being attacked and your father about to be attacked.

You decide to save Hank and push him away the android landing on you and fighting against you instead. Still bruised from the run you can't give it your all, but you still manage.
It tries to hit your head, but you knock it back. Further and further the android drags you into the room. Onto a long table you duck and roll over. Hank hits it onto the head with the back of its gun. For a second, the android stops in its tracks and you use the time to crawl away, but now Hank is being attacked. You see the android grab a screwdriver, but you're too far to get the screwdriver in enough time to stop it from hitting your father. Instead, you pull out your gun and close one eye, aiming for the androids hand.
One chance.
You open both eyes now and concentrate, then shoot. The bullet flies towards the android and hits its hand, pushing the screwdriver away. The androids both get up and run outside, intertwining their hands.
You get up and follow them, Connor beside you. "QUICK! THEYRE GETTING AWAY!" shouts Hank and you run faster.

Both of you pull down one android each, and you loose sight of Connor you get knocked into the snow. She tries to kick you, in response you spin her leg under yours and pin it. Then you roll over and grab the hands of the blue haired Traci. She meets your eyes. Sad and helpless, she stops struggling as much and you're confused, but decide to let go slowly. Connor flies down into the snow next to you and you help each other up.

"When that man... broke the other Traci- I knew I was next. I was so scared. I begged him to stop, but he wouldn't. And so I put my hands around his throat and I squeezed until he stopped moving... I didn't mean to kill him. I just wanted to stay alive. Get back to the one I love." She grabs the other androids hand and they look at each other. "I wanted her to hold me in her arms again. Make me forget about the humans, that smell of sweat and their dirty words... Come on, let's go."
With that they run off and over the fence. The hand around your waist holding you up suddenly seems so prominent alongside the cold wind, but you don't mind and lean into Connor a little more, where he instantly warms up.
"It's probably better this way" says Hank and walks off.

"I still have your jacket in the car" you mumble to Connor as you follow. "I should give it back when we are there."
And you do so when you arrive, handing over the jacket to him. "Thank you" says Connor this time, holding onto your hands a little longer than he needed to.