Chapter 5: The End of The World?

"NO, NO, NO! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

"Oh I am. I will kill everyone and destroy everything!"

A laser was fired at Tails, so he jumped to avoid it. He then started spinning his twin tails. Below him was a red spirit, in the shape of a human-like creature, barely floating off of the ground. Tails flew towards him and tried to roundhouse kick him in the back of the head, but the spirit grabbed his tails, making the fox unable to fly, and threw him to the ground a few feet away. Suddenly, Sonic appeared.

"Stand back Tails! I've got this!"

Sonic approached the malevolent spirit.

"Game over Exe! Your plans to eradicate this island are foiled!"

"Oh really? Have you not noticed the whole island is on fire?" Exe retorted.

Just then, the spirit punched Sonic in the face with so much force that he was sent flying backwards, with blood coming out of his mouth. He hit the ground with a large THUD! The hedgehog's body just laid there, limp.

"SONIC!" Tails screamed.

Quickly, the red spirit floated over to Sonic's body and entered it, thus taking control of the Hedgehog.

"HAHAHAHA! Sonic cannot hear your anymore! I am Sonic.Exe. You cannot stop me, Fox Boy!" Exe cackled.

Tails completely froze, unable to move. Sonic.Exe was about to punch the fox in the face with lethal force until an unknown force struck him and surprisingly knocked him out.

"BACK OFF!"

Tails was in shock as he caught a glimpse at who saved him.

"S-Sh-Shadow..?" He just barely muttered.

"Get up NOW! Hold on to my arm!" The black hedgehog demanded.

Shadow teleported him and Tails into a shack that was still in one piece. It was very dark inside. The only light source was that from distant flames. Sonic.Exe regained consciousness and slowly floated off, completely oblivious to the wooden building. Then, things started heating up.

"Shadow, we need a plan to stop him."

"How?! Everyone else on the island is dead! We can't travel through time in this dimension! Or to any other dimension for that matter!" Shadow responded, his anger levels rising.

"Calm down Shadow! We have to-"

"There is a maniac on the loose AND YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN?! I will calm down AFTER I GET RID OF THAT CRAZY HEDGEHOG WITH NOTHING BUT DEATH ON HIS MIND!" Shadow shouted, cutting Tails off.

The fox had enough of this.

"WHY DID YOU SAVE ME IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE A GO AT ME?!" Tails cried.

"SHUT UP!" Shadow yelled back.

The dark hedgehog closed his eyes and looked away.

"Look, I have an idea. What if we use the Chaos Emeralds-"

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD TAILS! THERE ARE NO FUCKING CHAOS EMERALDS IN THIS DIMENSION! HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO BE REMINDED?!" Shadow shouted at the top of his lungs.

Tails was taken aback by Shadow's sudden outburst. The dark hedgehog turned away and started walking towards the door.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm sure there's a way to rescue Sonic." Tails reassured.