𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 - 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙧

Playlist of the day:

You get no explanation for why I haven't published in literal months =D /lh
By the way, this is a week after the last chapter give or take.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They couldn't breathe, as if the hand on their chest held the weight of the world as it held them down to the ground. The people in white coats that surrounded them, ignored them as if it were the easiest thing in the world to do. As if their words hadn't even left their mind though they could hear their own desperate cries echo off the concrete walls back into their own ears. A mixture of blood, sweat, and tears made their shirt cling to their skin in some areas.
Their starved, tiny frame was so easily held down by the adults who were so large in comparison. The little kid cried out in a shrieking and terrified sob as they were brought to kneel against the wall and the back of their neck was pinched to administer the contents of a syringe.
The tapping of a pen could be heard as the tall man in the white coat gazed upon them with empty eyes. The pain settling everywhere at one was paralyzing, rendering the little kid unable move. The man approached them again, kneeling beside them just as they clenched their eyes shut and screamed in the worst pain they'd ever felt.

Stray's eyes snapped open and they immediately stood up, trying to rush to the middle of the room. A blanket hugged their legs, making them trip and fall as they desperately kicked it off with a choked cry.
The room wasn't small and white anymore, it was open. Light creme colored walls that were covered in bars of pink light from the sun coming through the blinds. There was no more screaming that echoed back through their ears, it was quiet. Stray panted quietly, sitting on the floor with their legs to their chest. It didn't help that they were so dizzy from getting up so quickly. The time on the clock was only 4:12 when they glanced over at it.
It took a while of coaxing fhenself to breathe, but Stray put a hand on the top of their dresser and pulled themself up to stand. Tugging a mask over their face, Stray rifled through their drawers and picked a set of clothes before stepping into a pair of shoes and heading out of the room.
Everywhere was quiet and it felt uneasy just to be walked around. Stray glanced down at their free hand, pausing their steps to hold the hand up and see how their fingers shook like a leaf before continuing down the stairs and through the halls.
The dorms' common bathroom was pitch black when they opened the door and Stray clenched their eyes shut, blindly slamming their hand to the inside wall and flicking on the light as fast as they could find it. The light flickered on and Stray opened their eyes to an empty and perfectly normal bathroom. Though they had to stand in the doorway for a moment staring inside as their heart settled and they took a couple breaths.
Stray turned and backed up into the counter, feeling for it behind themself as they watched the room with fear and irrational tension. But after a moment they closed their eyes again and whispered a few curses under their breath before turning to face the sink and turn the water on.
A shadow behind them in their reflection once again taunted the canine, causing enough panic in the moment to bring their fist around to slam into the tile wall a foot or so behind them. As their foster connected with the tile and they hissed in pain, clutching their hand to their chest as they looked around in a panic, they were met with nothing.
BbStray's breaths became laced with whimpers like a child about to cry. They backed up, feeling at the counter they were just facing. Blood dripped down to the vinyl panels on the floor beside their feet. Stray's breath grew quick and the whimpers and childish whines followed suit. They lowered themself to curl up on the cold floor beneath the sink. The teen's thoughts blurred and their tail wrapped around themself as every shadow in the room lurched towards them and they clenched their eyes shut.

The door opened and Stray lifted their head. Light was now entering the bathroom through thin windows towards the top of the walls on one side. It was clearly much later and Stray figured they must have fallen asleep when their muscles ached from that position and their pant legs were soaked from the water puddles on the floor. The blood on their hands, dry.
"Morning." Vlad King muttered as he crouched down to be at least a little closer to the height of the curled up teenager.
Seikijirou grumbled something in reply and started to pull themself to stand up. They slipped a bit when they pulled their hand up off the ground, crying out harshly under their breath. Sekijirou grabbed their shoulder firmly to prevent them from hitting their head on the way back, but Stray caught themself with their uninjured hand and pushed the hero's hand off.
Sekijirou held his hands up, open-palmed at the height of his shoulders. The hero stood up again and stepped back to let Stray get up on their own, which they did. "What happened to your hand?" Sekijirou questioned, his demeanor much calmer than usual. He seems to be a lot different one-on-one than he is with his students. Or perhaps this was new, and perhaps he was just too tired to be more eccentric. Stray noted this and gestured vaguely to the crack along the bathroom wall that crumpled towards an impact point.
The hero sighed and pulled oit a roll of bandages, a habit he had picked up as a teacher of what seemed to be only one step below the amount of chaos that class 1-A had. Stray reached out to grab the roll but had their hand waved off as Sekijirou instead took it into his own and rolled up their sleeve to remove old bandaged in the area and work to rebandage their hand and wrist.
Stray growled under their breath at first, forming their hand into a tense fist and preventing the hero from being able to bandage them. But the hero took their hand and press his palm carefully to theirs, easing their fingers open to unfurl the fist that was no doubt aching to hit something-- someone-- him.
Nonetheless, they released the tension long enough for Sekijirou to make a loop around their thumb and begin to wrap the rest of their hand carefully.
"You should stop punching walls." The hero said in such a nonchalant tone that Stray almost scoffed out a laugh. Sekijirou saw the teen bite their tongue and the way the edges of their mouth just vaguely pursed together and he was the one smiling subtly now. "You missed classes, you should be in Math right now.." He continued and Stray lost the hint of a smile, but the 1B teacher kept wrapping their hand and just sighed. "We'll deal with it later."