𝓜𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

Start from the beginning

"I told you SHIELD doesn't negotiate.", Sitwell said.

"Alright gentlemen my work here is done. I'll go check on Romanoff, she hasn't responded.", you say and leave to make your way to the engine room. When you reach there you see Batrock on the groun, Steve standing near him.

"I bet that hurt.", you say stepping over Batrock. "So eight eyes where you? We could have used your help. What were you napping?", you say walking over to the assassin.

"Wait, what are you doing?", you ask.

"She's saving SHIELD intel.", Steve replies.

"Whatever I can get my hands on.", she replies.

"But our mission is to reascue hostages.", you say.

"No. That's your mission.", she says as she finishes up and pulls out the flashdrive. "and you've done it beautifully."

"You just jeopardized this whole operation.", Steve says as he grabs her hand.

"I think that's overstating things.", she replies.

Suddenly Batroc rises and throws a grenade at you three as he runs off, Steve deflects the bomb with his shield, grabs Natasha and jumps through a window before it explodes. You also jump out behind them and make a shield with ice behind you. You fall outside onto the ground.

"Okay that one's on me.", Natasha said.

"No shit Sherlock.", you reply.

"Okay come on the mission's not over yet.", Steve says getting up and offering you a hand. You swat his hand away and get up on your feet and dust off your clothes. 

"You mean our missions not over yet, I'm pretty sure Arachnid's is done or is there something else your hiding.", you ask looking at Natasha.

"Come on n/n, don't be like that.", Nat said.

"Whatever", you say rolling your eyes.

                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the mission you and Steve enter Fury's office at the Triskelion.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you Wazowski?", you ask.

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours", Nick said.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share.", Steve spoke.

"I'm not obliged to do anything."

"Those hostages could've died, Nick.", you say.

"I sent the greatest soldier and spy in history to make sure that didn't happen.", Fury said and you scoffed.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns.", Steve spoke.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.", Fury said and you rolled your eyes knowing it was goose.

"Seriously, the last being you trusted was an alien cat?", you ask

"Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything.", Nick said trying to rationalise his actions.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns.", Steve said.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all."

"Except you.", you said

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that."

Fury then steps into an elevator with you and Steve following behind him

"Insight bay.", Fury spoke.

"Captain Rogers and Miss L/n do not have clearance for Project Insight.", a computer voice spoke.

"Director override, Fury, Nicholas J."

"Confirmed"

Hi lovlies, here's another chapter for ya'll<3

Thanks for reading this<3

Toodles💞

-✨Annie✨