x Fall in Love With Me x

Start from the beginning

'If we both want to get what we want, then we have to make them believe we are a real couple,' He responded.

'You're not having second thoughts, are you?' He snapped his finger ahead of me and got up to return to his seat.

'I can't jump off a plane,' I joked, but my nerves were starting to kick in. He smiled slightly and returned to his work, while with each passing moment, the fear of the unknown began to grow inside of me. I closed my eyes to get some sleep to relax my mind, but before that could happen, I heard an announcement saying we had arrived in Islamabad.

'Where are you going?' Shahzaib was about to leave the hotel room after the hotel staff brought my luggage to the room.

'You want me to stay here with you?' He arched one of his brows, and it took me a few seconds to realize what he meant.

'No...no, that's not what I meant, I just mean we have things to talk about...about your family and what I will have to do exactly and if they ask me about my family what should I tell them' I quickly expressed my concerns. Suddenly he stepped forward and gently grabbed both of my shoulders.

'Relax,' He told me, and my shoulders dropped.

'Let's slow down for a while...I am going to my room next door, take some rest and fresh up. I'll meet you downstairs at 4.' He told me before heading to his room and I went to mine. I first called Ma and told her I had arrived, then called Jaan for an update and told him to hide from Ma until I got back. Then I went for a shower, ordered some tea, and went to sleep after. But the sleep never came to me. I stayed restless in my room, for someone lying to people since birth why was lying now troubling me. Maybe that's because I was lying to the person who I cared about the most in this world.

There was a knock on my door, so I went to open it and saw Shahzaib standing in front of me.

'I thought we were meeting at 4,' I asked him.

'You're crying,' He said carefully with concern in his tone.

'I am fine,' I didn't realize I was crying thinking about everything. I quickly wiped my face.

'I am sorry,' I heard him say, and we stood facing each other.

'About what I said yesterday, I wasn't myself' He apologized, and I nodded.

'It's okay sometimes we all do and say the thing we don't mean...I have to give you something' I told him to come inside and gave him his umbrella back that he gave me last night.

'You brought this here with you to give it back to me?' He took it and stared at it like it was something unusual.

'Thanks for giving it to me last night' I thanked him.

'Thanks for bringing it back. It's my favorite one' He said.

'Really?' It was a plain gray one.

'No' He shook his head, and I laughed.

'You're here' I reminded him so he could tell me why he was here.

'Oh right, yes...I have transferred the money to your account' He informed me.

'Already? I gave my bank details this morning' I was surprised.

'I thought you were going to give it to me after we...' I couldn't say after we part ways for some reason.

'Life doesn't wait. You should get the operation appointment for your mother as soon as possible,' He told me.

'You trust me that much that I won't run away that you gave me all the money. I haven't even started my part of the deal' I stared at him.

'I don't want to see someone losing their loved one because of me, and I kind of have to trust you since we are about to get married in an hour,' He casually said.

'In an hour?' I asked him to confirm in case I misheard him.

'Bring your two pieces of id and two passport size photos,' He reminded me and walked out of the room. I sat on the bed and checked my account. The entire amount we agreed on was sitting in my account. Seeing that amount in front of me made me realize that no matter what I had done or how hard I had worked, I wouldn't have been able to make so much money in my entire life. In exchange for marrying Shahzaib for a month, I was about to give my Ma a chance to a new healthy, and normal life. All the lies I had said or was going to say in the future were attested to this moment. Nothing felt wrong anymore. I chose this path for myself, and like it or not. I wasn't going to back away now, so I wiped my tears, wore a lovely dress, got ready, grabbed my passport size pictures and ids, and went to the lobby to see Shahzaib to start the play of faking a marriage. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi lovelies,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did you know what to do ;)

Catch you next week,

Lots of love <3