Chapter 26

Octavia's pov

-

-

"He shoots, he scores."

The cart rattled as the box hit the walls of the medal landing perfectly inside. Mark winked at me from afar and I shook my head, moving along the aisle with the cart. While he might have thought it was a funny gesture Lily did not. Her mouth opened and she looked about ready to cry, my sweet girl. Before she could I cupped her cheeks with my fingertips and talked to her.

"It's okay, it's okay it was just Mark being dumb." he gasped at me as I laughed a little so she could mirror me.

"I am not dumb Lily." he walked around so her watery eyes could meet his, "Oh no chubby face I'm so sorry." he cooed softly suddenly and I smacked his shoulder again at the new nickname for her.

I then left to the shelves to look for some more baking things. Christmas was finally tomorrow and I had tons of that to do. I also had time to do Christmas shopping for Ryder while he was out with the guys the other day. I bought him two silver stylish rings I thought would compliment his more than attractive hands. I even got him some new combat boots as his old ones weren't cutting it.

"So what do you think Grayson's going to decide?" I heard Mark question.

I furrowed my brows, "Decide?" I asked and his eyes widen, stopping the cart in the middle of the aisle as I turned to face him.

"He-he didn't talk to you yet?" he stuttered which was never good, he never lost his cool unless he was hiding something.

"No." I pointedly stated, "Spill." I crossed my arms over my chest.

His brown eyes met mine and he did, "Apparently Jane seen Grayson at the mall when we were Christmas shopping and they talked, she wants to talk with Tommy and I to make up for lost time."

He had explained this all while eyeing the tiled floor as I took it in. Inside I was already fuming, she had no right to even think about wanting to talk to them. She didn't deserve to and I hated that she was trying to weasel her way into their lives. Especially when they're doing so good without her.

"Ryder was supposed to tell you but, I'm guessing after Christmas shopping he got too wrapped up in everyone at the house and then with the mission.."

Mark trailed off, his effort at saving Ryder was well done, which touched my heart considering their pestering relationship. I wasn't upset with him, I know Ryder would have told me. Besides when he got back from Christmas shopping I was too busy saying goodbyes to the family and then throwing myself into bed. He couldn't have possibly had time to tell me as he immediately started cleaning the house and taking care of Lily.

"Please don't be mad..at any of us." he murmured still looking down at the floor which made me frown.

It was a habit all three of them would always have deep down, their timidity, "I'm not I know Ryder would have told me." I took over with pushing the cart and he fell into step with me, "I'm just upset that Jane is trying to walk into your lives like this."