the turning point.

a/n: enjoy and don't forget to comment with your feedback, it motivates me <3!

☆。*。☆。

★。\|/。★

★。/|\。★

★。/|\。★

☆。*。☆。

Looking forward into the future and planning it all was a McCarthy family thing. Katie knew she wanted to be a writer the moment she learned how to read and write, Theo didn't hold back from his urge to make football his career no matter how many said that not all talented kids make it out there, and their parents always knew what they wanted.

Lydia hated to admit that she was the odd one out. She looked after high school and saw nothing. There was nothing she liked and would be interested in working on. She didn't want to admit that maybe she just has no passion and no future, she chose the easy option; blame mom.

Lucy McCarthy was a good mother, perfect even. She raised three kids alone after her husband died when her oldest girl was just twelve. Never once did she try letting another man in her life, she promised her kids it would always be just her and them, no one else to even attempt taking their dad's place.

Sure, Lucy had done nothing to make Lydia turn out the way she was but she didn't try to prevent it.

Lydia would always see her mother trying to help Katie and Theo choose what would be better for them, encouraging them to do the things that make them happy, helping them find the things that make them happy, and being there every step of the way.

On the other hand, never once did she help Lydia with anything outside of keeping a roof above her head and feeding her. If she gets sick, Katie or Theo would take care of it and Lucy would say she just had work. It was okay the first—maybe second and third times too but by the fourth, Lydia had it figured out.

Problems with schoolwork? Katie. A fight? Theo. Advice? Katie. Fun? Theo. A good pat on the back to keep going? Katie and Theo.

Lucy always excused it as making sure her kids' bond was strong enough so that one day when she leaves them, it would be like she never left.

Lydia wasn't stupid. She noticed her mother's disapproving stare whenever she shared something funny that happened in school or how she never leaves Katie or Theo's sides when they get sick and work just seems to disappear.