synopsis & cast.

they say you can love two people at the same time but not at the same level...bullshit.

𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐀 𝐌𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐘

...𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐀 𝐌𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐘

loved it when people looked at her like she was the only one in the room—even though she wasn't. Call it attention seeking after years of living with parents that could only see her older siblings' success and never hers or whatever but she soaked in it. She loved attention, no matter where or who it came from.

And she would do anything to get it.

Lydia had a reputation for being quite the player in Mystic Falls' high school. Breaking boys' and girls' hearts left and right. No one knew where it started but some liked to think she isn't all bad. Girls around school, even after getting their hearts broken by her, described getting attention from her as...thrilling. She had a way of making someone feel like they are on top of the world and then...she would walk away and it's never the same again.

Lydia had an empty void inside of her and the only way she could begin to forget about it was making voids in others, break them up so hard that her pain becomes normal. So that she can look herself in the mirror and say, "It's okay, they are all just as broken as I am."

Until one day, someone decided to put a stop to her destruction, revealing one of her darkest secrets. Caroline wasn't surprised, she had a feeling that all the mess inside of someone like Lydia McCarthy couldn't be just the normal human mess, it was more. Much more.

Caroline and Lydia were never friends even though their mothers go way back, the two of them never seemed to stand each other. It all started with one fight in recess when they were just five and kept going until Lydia won a pageant that everyone knew Caroline had been obsessing over for months.