29

Next Morning | 9:37am

Kailani rubbed her eye as she woke up, looking over at Kentrell

He had been asleep since they'd been in their AirBnB yesterday. She had wore him out.

She chuckled, raising his arm off of her, and getting out the bed.

She walked in the bathroom, brushing her teeth.

She slipped an oversized tee shirt over her head, and pulled on some boy shorts.

She walked out of the room, walking in the kitchen.

She connected her phone to the Alexa, playing Christmas music.

She walked over to the living room, opening the curtains and letting the sun shine through the window.

She turned her music up to full blast, knowing all of them could sleep through an earthquake, as she opened the fully stocked refrigerator.

She pulled out ingredients for breakfast, and pulled some pans out.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you go
Take a look at the five and ten, it's glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes that glow

"Like christmasss. Toys in every store." Kailani sung, making waffle batter. She added vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, and sprinkles in the mix.

She sung along to the song as she used the waffle maker to make 15 waffles.

While each waffle took three minutes to cook, she used that time to make some Belgium french toast, putting some cinnamon rolls in the oven.

The aroma of breakfast filled the house, and she smiled, loving the way she was living her Christmas dream.

"And I brought me some corn for popping. The lights are turned way down low, let it snow." She sung, taking out the last waffle.

"All the way home I'll be warm!" Ben sung, walking in the kitchen and she laughed.

"I know that's right ten." She said, cutting a piece of waffle, and holding it to his mouth.

"Good?" She asked, and he nodded.

"You already know you be cooking your ass off girl." He chuckled, watching her maneuver around the kitchen, cooking different things.

"You okay?" She asked, turning her music down some.

"Scared." He shrugged, and she looked up at him as she scrambled some eggs.

"About your baby?" She asked, and he nodded.

"It's just, Ian never did no shit like this. Barely ever had a girlfriend. And my pops wasn't in my life, I don't know how to be a daddy, I didn't even have one." Ben frustratedly ran his hand down his face.