|chapter 3|wand's surprises|

Start from the beginning

His mother greeted the goblins and explained the situation. His mother took Lily with her, and the goblins changed Lily's and his mothers brought muggle money to wizarding world ones. Since his mother had to go with Lily, he used that to his advantage and changed his own stolen money, that he took from his father at several goes and he'd been piling up, to magical money. Many would think that the goblins would not trade with a child, but they did not even spare Severus a glance. The goblin did his job very quickly and went back to his own work. Even if the child did something illegal, it was not their business, but the ministry's. And they would not get involved.

He put them in his jacket's inner pocket and went to find the other two. He soon spotted then and quietly sneaked near as if he has never gone. Lily had her wizard money in her tiny hands. She looked them over, admiring the different coins. Then she poured them back in the pouch and they left Gringotts. His mother lend him some money, told him to buy only the school supplies that were needed, not knowing about him having quite a lot of stolen ones, and the three-headed for the first stop. They agreed that his mother will lead them to the wand shop and then they will part. She will pick them up near the wand shop three hours later.

They were walking through various shops and Lily was looking at the showcases, loving and taking in all the magical things. He was enjoying things around him far better too. His mother was obviously getting annoyed by Lily and her surprise and adoration to the magical things, even tho it was to be expected. Severus found that he didn't care about his mothers annoyance as long as his red-haired best friend was smiling. Lily's happiness made him happy.

"Here" - his mother stopped in front of a shop that had 'Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.' written above it in gold letters. It had a single wand on a purple cushion on display in a very dusty window. Severus remembers being a little disappointed. He had expected something majestic when he was younger, but considering the way he himself lives, this shop is uniquely pretty.

His mother passed him a bag of wizarding money. He knew which supplies to buy and which ones will he take from his mother. They both spoke about it the night before. Then the woman left, so he and Lily went inside the shop and were met with billions of wands and boxes. Lily's mouth snapped open. Her green eyes took in everything.

"Hello there!" - Ollivander came from behind a shelf. - "Come on, let's see what wands chose you, kids."

"Chose us?" - Lily questioned. Severus never told her about the way the wands are got, so the girl was genuinely interested.

"Yes, miss. It isn't the wizard, that chooses the wand! The wand chooses the wizard." - the man explained and smiled. - "Come. Step closer and let's see what wand would choose you."

Severus looked at Lily, hoping she would go first, but the girl still stood there frozen with her mouth open. He understood that she was not moving anytime soon. Snape went up to the man, who was already glancing at the wands. After a little while, he pulled out a box. Then the man opened it and gave Severus the wand. The boy took it and waved it around for a few seconds. Mr. Ollivander took the wand away almost immediately.

"Not this one. Let's try this one" - he muttered and gave him a quite short wand. Severus took it in his hand and didn't even get to hold it property before it got snatched out of his hands. A new one appeared. Again nothing. Two more wands and still no result that would make Ollivander content. The man changed wand after wand. Severus was beginning to be annoyed, but Ollivanders smile only grew wider.

'It didn't take that long the first time' Severus thought. Just then Ollivander took out the wand that chose him in the past. He smiled.The wand was put in his hand. Nothing. Severus' smile disappeared off his face. He tried to swirl it around. Nothing. He looked at Olivander. The old man seemed to be thinking really hard while looking at his wand. Severus wanted to cry. What the hell is going on?