CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

Start from the beginning

"They said moving to a new place does that to you," Toya stated, looking at her ice cream cup. "Sometimes a new scenery is all you need,"

"It's so weird, but I agree with you." I said, nodding my head. "I've been only here for a few months but everything feels different than being back in BR. I was down for a while out there, but here I feel happier. Maybe, it's meeting all of you guys because I was alone back home but here I'm alone but it doesn't feel like I am, you know?"

"Do you feel like you've reinvented yourself?" She asked, glancing over at me.

"Not reinvented, but would I say some part of me changed?" I uttered, wondering if my personality changed from my life back home. "I don't know, but I do know that I'm happier."

"That's why I'm thinking about moving down here," She said, placing a smile on her face. "Haven't told anyone yet, not even my manager."

"For real?" I gasped, widening my eyes. "I thought you loved New York,"

"I do, that's like my second home," She laughed, rubbing her hands. "I've been there for a few years and like you, I want to move down here and experience the LA lifestyle,"

"We'll, if you ask me. I'll love to have you here," I smiled, looking at her as she popped her imaginary collar. "We've grown closer and we can do so much together if you would stay permanently. And you know your brother would love it even more than I would. Y'all are so close with one another,"

"You're making my decision a little more challenging," She sighed, pulling out her cellphone. "Also, Demetrius lives here."

"It sounds like you were already choosing California over New York, if you ask me..."

"Wow," She said, pausing for a bit as she thought about it. "Maybe I was. I would have to call my manager and ask him about how he would feel if I moved here,"

"Well, good luck girl, I'm here for you,"

"Okay, let's go," She stated, checking her cellphone. "Your interview is in another hour but I want you to be prepared. So, we can finish our talk later but thank you for being here for me. I'll send you the information of the deals that I made with my furniture,"

"Thank you for reminding me," I said, getting up from the bench as I dusted my pants off. "I'll call you when I'm finished with my interview."

"Okay, love you!" She smiled, pulling me in for a hug. "Good luck on your interview girly! But you know that you already have it."

"Love you too!" I grinned, hugging her close as I pulled away giggling. "And thanks!"

We both headed back to our cars as I entered my vehicle and pulled out of the parking lot of the park.

It didn't me too long getting to the apartment complex since everything was so close around the area that I was staying in. Once I parked in my parking spot, I exited the car and opened the door to the building as my cellphone began ringing. I laughed, reading the caller ID as I answered the phone.

"Hey, baby!" I greeted, walking to my door.

"Hey mama, where you at?"

I unlocked the door with my keys, entering my empty apartment.

"I just entered my spot, going to get ready for my interview,"