Fix You- The Turning Point

Start from the beginning

"I guess. Better than a homicidal vampire like Damon," she mumbled.

"Damon's...not so bad," I defended with a sigh. "Not to say what he did to Caroline is okay, but..."

"What's with you defending him?" Chastity asked with scrunched brows. "He nearly killed Bonnie. She wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Stefan. And speaking of Stefan, is he still leaving town with Damon?"

I sighed deeply. "Yes. Elena and I can't ask him to stay any more because it would just be selfish and in the end, it's his decision anyway."

"That really sucks. There's really no convincing him to stay?"

I shook my head.

"Not anymore."

~~~~~

"Feel like helping a friend out?"

I gasped and jumped, turning quickly to see a smirking Damon standing a couple meters away from me.

"Uh, I'll see you all later," I said to the group of people I had been talking to.

I walked away from the picnic table they were sitting at and approached Damon, curious about why he was there.

"I thought you'd be leaving," I said as soon as I got to him.

"You want me gone bad, don't you?" he teased.

I gave him a look, but smiled.

"I'm glad you're still here and everything, but why?"

"Well, I need some help. Preferably from you," he replied. "So, I ask again. Feel like helping a friend out?"

~~~~~

"Anything yet?" Damon asked.

I was standing in front of the old warehouse with a device that used to be my brother's pocket watch. As Damon explained, there was a new vampire in town but he wasn't sure exactly where he was and that's where I came in.

This...whatever it was, was supposed to point toward vampires. Damon interfered with the signal, which was why he needed me to do it.

"It's pointing to the warehouse," I answered.

"Great," he said suddenly behind me.

I jumped and glared at him while he chuckled.

"You just enjoy that, don't you?"

"Very much so," he smirked.

He looked back at the warehouse and then glanced back at me, a thoughtful look on his face.

"What?" I asked him. "Aren't we going in?"

"You should probably wait in the car," he said. "We don't know how unhinged Logan Fell vampire style may be. He could be like me."

On the way here, after Damon explained the situation, I told him about the supposed to be dead Logan Fell coming over to the house to see Jenna and apparently ask about me. Damon deduced that he was the new vampire then.

"Like you?"

"Dangerous," he clarified. "Wouldn't want you in the line of fire."

"Damon Salvatore, are you implying that you don't want me getting hurt?"

"We're friends, right?" he asked with a smirk.

"Friends," I confirmed with a smile. "Just be careful. I wouldn't want you getting hurt. Even if he's younger than you, you never know what could happen."