Twenty-One

"Let's get that wheat in the water." Pope said as the five pogues plus Sarah got out of the Twinkie the next night.

After the guys came back and got them, they made a plan to go back to the Crane house where the gold is supposedly hidden.

Avery, being the tease that she is, hasn't let JJ hold onto her since they got back on the boat. He'd try to put his hand on her thigh and she'd purposefully move out of the way. He was extremely frustrated which only made her more amused.

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ said.

"Wheat. I said wheat." Pope told him through gritted teeth, obviously irritated at the blondes stupidity.

They all hopped over the wall and made their way through the yard when a light suddenly turned on.

"Shit!"

They all cursed and hid, turning off their flashlights. JJ seemed to be struggling so Avery snatched it and turned it off. He looked at her with a sheepish smiled making her shake her head.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope pointed out the obvious.

"We could uh... move really slowly, maybe?" everyone looked at JJ like he was dumb, which he kind of is.

"You're lucky you're pretty." Avery patted his cheek. He smiled goofily before realizing what she meant by that.

"Yeah, that's not how it works." Pope rolled his eyes at JJ's stupidity.

Suddenly John b came up with an idea that he thought was smart but in reality it just made him sound exactly like JJ. "Oh shit, let's throw a rock at it."

"What?"

"That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." Kie remarked.

"Throw a rock at it?"

"You have a better idea?" John B asked Pope.

"Anything but that."

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch." Sarah voiced. "We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."

"No, no. You're not going in the house alone." John B protested.

"Watch me."

"Oh shit." Avery mumbled and sat back to watch in amusement.

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ said.

"If you believe that but she's like what, 85?"

"Yeah, something like that." JJ shrugged.

"She's probably barely still kicking." Sarah looked between the boys.

"I'll go with you." Kie told her. Avery went to say the same but JJ pulled her back down on the ground and covered her mouth.

"Athhole." her voice was muffled by his hand.

"Hey! Be safe." John B whispered to Kie and Sarah who stood up.

"We will." the blonde told him in response.

JJ turned to Pope and put his hand on the boys cheek, "Be safe."

"I'll be so safe." Pope replied while Avery laughed quietly.

"Can you guys stop? Stop!" John B got their attention. "I'm gonna kill you."

Avery snickered. "But how would that keep them safe?"

- - -

The guys plus Avery managed to get down to the well where the gold was assumed to be. JJ walked in front of the girl but kept one finger hooked through the belt loop on her shorts to keep her close to him.