One

01x01

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Avery looked down at Pope and then up at John B. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

John B licks his finger then holds it up. "Should I do it?"

"Yes." Avery said with a smirk.

JJ brushed her hair to the side and rested his chin on her shoulder from behind. He had his arms around her waist with his hands resting on her bare skin tracing small shapes.

"Yeah you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope held up an electric drill.

"You'll shoot me?"

"Yep." Avery made finger guns and pretended to shoot them at John B who did the same to her.

She put her hands over JJ's making him smile.

"You're very warm bubba." Avery mumbled as she leaned back into his chest. JJ hummed and kissed her head.

"Yeah?" he tickled her cheek with his nose and she giggled, pushing his head away.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmer." Kiara announced as she walked out of the house.

She had spent the past half hour inside looking around. Avery was going to look with her but JJ wanted her to stay with him.

"Of course they are why wouldn't they?" JJ asked sarcastically.

"This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles, I guess?"

"I can't have cold towels." JJ and Avery both comment.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara asked John B.

"No let him. More beers for us!" Avery leaned forward to look down at her girl friend. JJ whined and wrapped his arms around her again making her scoff.

"Don't spill that beer." JJ called up to John B. "I'm not giving you another one."

"Whoa." John B put both feet back on the roof as his beer fell to the floor. "Oh shit."

"Round of applause." Avery clapped sarcastically.

"Smooth." Kie remarked pursing her lips.

"A-plus." Pope laughed.

"Hey!" They all heard someone shout.

"Hey, uh, security's here." Pope announced. "Let's wrap it up."

"Boys are early today." JJ said, standing up and offering his hand to Avery.

"Humpty Dumpty let's roll." Avery exclaimed to John B as she swung down to the floor.

"God your so hot." JJ breathed out dramatically and she rolled her eyes.

"Let's go boys!" Kie smirked.

"Gary is that you?" JJ questioned.

"Oh my gosh it is Gary! Hey Gare Bare!" Avery called.  Kie smacked her arm and pulled her along. Avery laughed and pulled Kie through the house.

They all ran through the house laughing from the adrenaline rush.

"Hey stop!" Gary shouted as he tried to grab JJ and Avery.

"Not much of a hugger!" JJ told him and they started running.

"Hey Gary how's the wife and kids?" Avery smirked and ran after JJ.

"Go Pope. Go! Go! Go!" JJ shouted as Pope jumped a fence. "Come on baby." JJ stopped to to grab Avery's waist and helped her jump over since she was shorter than them. Pope landed on the floor and Avery laughed.

"Come on Pope, fatso's coming." she grabbed his arm and pulled him along.

"Hey!" Come here you little pricks!" Gary shouted as he ran to catch up with the teens.

"Bus is leaving!" John B called as he honked the horn.

"Come on boys! Whoo." Kie hollered.

Avery jumped into the van with JJ and Pope. Avery laughed and looked out the door at Gary.

"Check out Gary gunnin for a raise." Pope laughed.

"Come on Gary." Avery called.

"Wait slow down." JJ grabbed a beer and hung out the door behind Avery.

"Hey! You little pricks!" Gary called.

"Guys, you're gonna give him a heart attack." Kie told them.

"You're so close! You can do it!" JJ held out the beer.

"Come on Gary! I know you're named after a snail but that doesn't mean you can't move a little faster." Avery commented. JJ threw the beer to Gary.

"There you go! They don't pay you enough bro." JJ laughed.

"JJ, Avery, stop. Stop." Kie pulled them back into the van.

"Oh come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." JJ said as he pulled Avery to the back with him.

She laughed and draped her legs over his. He put a hand on her bare thigh and lightly gripped it. Avery smiled and ran a hand threw his hair while looking out the window. Completely oblivious to the fact that JJ was just staring at her in admiration.

The sun was shining onto her giving off this perfect glow. She looked gorgeous in his eyes. She looked back at him and he smiled when she rested her head on his shoulder.

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth.

------