9

The elves fastened cloaks around their necks with green, silver-veined leaf-brooches.
-Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes- Natasha looked at Celeborn as he spoke those words.
"Cool. We get camouflage clothes" Nat chuckled at Maria's sarcasm.
The elves prepared them for their departure, Legolas helping the other elves place their boxes and bags in the boat.

-Lembas! Elvish Way-bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man- he says, showing them a piece of white bread covered by green leaves.

 One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man- he says, showing them a piece of white bread covered by green leaves

-How many did you eat?- Merry said to Pippin.
-Four- he burped making Maria laugh and his friend grin.
-Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin.

As Celeborn speaks, Legolas helps Gimli onto one of the boats. Boromir sat with Merry and Pippin while Frodo sat with Aragorn.
Nat quickly got in the boat with Aragorn and she sent Maria a cheeky smile she knew all to well. Maria then got in the boat between Gimli and Legolas.

-Le aphadar aen- she hears Celeborn whisper to Aragorn (You are being tracked) -By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros.

|Galadriel had given them all gifts before their departure. To Legolas she had given a beautiful silver bow, to Boromir a new sword, to Merry and Pippin, two beautiful daggers, and to Sam a special sort of rope. At first to looked like normal rope but if she strained her eyes and looked for magic, Maria could clearly see a faint silver outline letting her know the rope was enchanted.

What had amused the company the most had been Gimli's gift. The lady had allowed him to choose what he wanted and he chose three hairs from her golden tresses.
To Aragorn she seemed to have given nothing, though Maria had seen him play with a necklace he wore around his throat which she had see on Arwen plenty of times. She smiled, happy for her friend.
She had given Frodo a tear shaped vile filled with a liquid that shined.

She had then turned to the girls and asked the same thing as she had Gimli. But they didn't need more weapons apart front he arrows the elves had replenished, though when Nat got onto the boat Maria turned her eyes on the elven lady.

"I only ask you try your best to help us in this quest and give us your blessings" Galadriel stared at her before nodding so very slightly that only Maria saw|

-I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Haugh, henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me- Gimli's remark made her smile fondly at the dwarf now paddling along the water in front of her.
-What was it?
-I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three- Legolas smiled and Maria turned her head around a little to look at him.