Chapter 16

AN: I am not happy. I am not even excited that I am back to school again. But life is life, and I shall take forward to the school life once again.

Please, expect that I would be rarely updating my fanfictions. But I would still try to update new chapters when I have free time.

😩😩😩

Anyway, how was the cover? Is it okay?

Chapter 16: Gabriel Amongus

After the successful trade of Agatha's team with the merchant, the Hunter's were encouraged to start looking for items that the Dungeon Master would find interesting. Books, all of the hunters thought that the Dungeon Master may be interested in their culture or knowledge.

Upon successfully gaining an item, Agatha's team was called by the hunter association of the United Kingdom. They were asked about a more detailed explanation and clarification regarding the Merchant and the item that it sells.

Mostly, all of them were astonished by more of the information that they have learned. The items that were mentioned in the shop.. what were the relations of myths and legends with the dungeon master? What is Chaldea? Who was Romani Archaman? Various questions are upon their minds. More and more mysteries were further discovered regarding the Dungeon Master. Someone who was an enigma to them. The more they search for the truth, the more they discover endless darkness lurking behind them. It seems endless like a black hole.

After questioning Agatha's team, the chairman Myron Hughes thanked them for answering the questions. He then ordered the 5 S rank hunter guild leaders to be called again to his subordinates. A meeting was held again together with the S ranks hunters of the United Kingdom. At the end of the meeting, all of them decided to establish a research group regarding the dungeon master and its dungeon. The research group was then called Project Abyss Labyrinth. PAL for short.

In the next few weeks, they managed to hire various people of different backgrounds in their country. People who were knowledgeable about the dungeons and People who were also talented in different fields of science. They have set up a base for the group and the people themselves also started working on their Project. It involves those people themselves visiting the 2 dungeons built in the United Kingdom by the Dungeon Master.

Soon, the Month of June Started. Everything was progressing until they suddenly heard unexpected news from the dungeon for dummies. An accident has happened in the dungeon involving a 15-year-old boy. He was critically injured and bleeding when he was found by the group of hunters who just entered the room. Those hunters were just in time to see the 15-year-old child killing the boss then passing out. It was a scene that surprise those groups of hunters. But perhaps Myron should be astonished by the fact that the hunters have helped the youth. In this new era of dungeons and monsters, the rules of society have changed. Now and then, he would receive news of someone plotting and killing their fellow hunters just for material gain and any other kind of human greediness and selfishness. You would encounter that kind of thing inside or outside of the United Kingdom. The youth was fortunate to encounter hunters who have moral principles and humanity remaining on them. Sometimes, monsters aren't just this scary and strange thing that came from the gates and inside the dungeons. It could also be within something like humans. Hiding behind the facade and mask, you wouldn't discover the monster within them until it reveal its fangs and the ugliness within them.

After witnessing the state of the boy, those groups of hunters quickly take action and took the youth. It was unfortunate that they have no healer within their group so they can't provide anything to alleviate his situation. There weren't any available medical materials. They aren't carrying anything as they didn't expect their group to be injured. As the youth have already slain the boss, they can already exit the dungeon. The only thing that they knows was to bring the boy to the nearest hospital.