The Biggest Jerk Ever!!! Chapter 10

Daryl's POV

I ran until I couldn't any more. I reached what I was looking for. There was this stream of crystal clear water that ran by this giant rock. I loved to climb on top of the rock and watch the fish swim, whenever i was upset or angry.

I just can't get over that feeling. I feel like my heart has been ripped out and shredded to pieces.

I climbed to the top of the rock and sat there. I once thought about bringing Jaimee here, glad I didn't. It would have ruined the sentiment.

I could here footsteps coming, but I didn't care. The footsteps came to a stop, I could feel some one staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I used to think I was the only person who knew about this place." I turned around to see Isa standing there.

"You've been here before?" I asked.

"Yes, how else would I have found you?" She asked.

"Well, what do you want?" I asked.

She walked toward me and stopped about two feet away.

"Do you mind if I sit beside you?" She asked.

"I don't care" I said, sliding over

"I know why you come here." She said

"Oh yeah why?" I asked, being a smart ass.

"Because it's peaceful." She said.

"I guess so." I replied.

"You know I found this place when I was fourteen. I ran away for the first time and didn't know where to go so I ran for the lake. I searched for a place to stay over night and found this wonderful place. I slept right over there." She said, squinting and pointing toward an area of trees where the leaves over lapped and the grass looked smooth.

"Why did you run away?" I asked, curious and also wanting to talk about something else.

She paused for awhile. I didn't know if she was going to answer or not.

"I'm sorry did I hit a nerve." I asked.

"No it's fine, it's just a hard subject." She said

"My mom had died. She killed herself, she couldn't deal with my dad. He was so abusive. Before he would just hit her, but when she died he turned his anger toward me and my younger brother and sister. I finally couldn't deal withit any more. I got tired of covering bruising and explaining the cuts to my friends and teachers." She said.

"I threw a pillow, blanket, and some clothes into a bag and climbee out of my window. I reached the ground and I ran. I just kept running until I found this place. I sat on this rock for awhile just crying. It began to rain, I looked around and sprinted over there and layed down with my pillow and blanket ." She finished.

"When did this happen?" I asked

"It's been about five years." She said.

"So did it get any better?" I asked

"Yeah, I guess so. He at least quitting beating us. I had to threaten to send my sister and brother to our uncle in Georgia." She said.

 "That had to be rough" I said

"Yeah, but now we just our distance from him. He still drinks and we just keep to ourselves and try to stay out of the house as much as possible." She almost whispered.

We sat in silence for an hour. The sky began to turn an orangish pink color. I loved when the sky turns this color it looks so peaceful.

"What are you going to do now?" Isa asked