Package(2)

"What?"

"Dylan, you have a package," she repeated, making her words louder, as if I hadn't heard them clearly. Which I surely enough did.

"I-alright." I stood up as Ryan nudged me with his foot. He raised an eyebrow at me when I looked at him, I just shrugged. Mother walked in before I had the chance to meet her in the kitchen.

She held out a large box, handing it to me. I overlooked the sticker, to make sure it really did have my name listed on it. Sure enough it had Dylan Daniels. Mom smiled before heading back in the kitchen.

"I'm going upstairs, alright, Mom?" I headed towards the stairs, ready to see what the box truly held.

"Of course, Dylan," she replied, sounding distracted.

I bounded up the stairs, rushing to my room. I was beyond curious. Once I reached my room, I shut my door behind me and set the box on my made bed.

My room consisted of a bed, dresser and a desk, then a few random things strewn in their own corners. I hurried to snatch a pair of scissors from off my desk.

I returned to the box, stabbing the box once and sliding it along the tape that sealed it. I threw the scissors, without looking, in the direction of my desk, not waiting to see if it hit the desk or not.

The box no longer sealed shut, I opened it the rest of the way, holding my breath.

Confusion filled me as I stared in shock at what it held.

Stacks and stacks of all kinds of notebooks.