056

chapter fifty six
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xi. return to sabaody arc

For the past few hours, Shoto has been roaming the island, getting himself lost thanks to the fact that he didn't have a map and was not so familiar with the place.

It took another hour for Shoto to find a civilization somewhat. He was lucky enough that no one bothered to kidnap him and bring him to the auction. Maybe he did grow taller after all, it might have intimidated the kidnappers.

(Aokiji's terrifying presence just rubbed off on him).

From a distance he could spot green and yellow hair, each belonging to different heads, and he thought that maybe it was his crew! Oh, how he missed them.

He allowed his feet to bring him towards the direction before casually flinging himself towards the green hair since he knows that Zoro wouldn't even flinch to feel his weight on him.

But to his utter surprise, the green hair collapsed beneath him just by the simple gesture.

"Zoro!" The other ones yelled while their eyes popped out of their sockets.

Shoto took a close look at their faces, and he almost grimaced at how different they looked. But the hairs, the outfits-- they were all similar. Maybe. . .

No, it can't be.

Turning to the Sanji that now appears to have yarn hair, he squinted his eyes.

"Sanji, you look different. Have you been eating?" It seems like over excessive smoking can ruin your whole outer body drastically.

Shoto then turned to. . . Luffy? Is that really Luffy?

"Well, this is awkward." He winced. "Maybe we should take another 2 years. . ." He actions on walking away before Usopp— wait, Usopp? It doesn't look like him. But then again, everyone didn't look like themselves.

Usopp pulled him back, seemingly having a pissed off expression.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? You think we'll just let you go after you squished Zoro flat?" He pulled off a scary face that made Shoto remain unfazed.

"Don't you know who you're messing with? We're the Strawhats!"

"The Strawhats--?"

"Yeah, I'm Strawhat Luffy! I have a 300 hundred million bounty for my head, and I'm the marine hero's grandson!" Luffy exclaimed while holding out a gun, pointing it at his head.

Shoto furrowed his brows.

"Don't be ridiculous, Luffy doesn't use a gun." He calmly stated, he thinks he has a grasp of the situation now.

"Macaroni, finish him, he's another fan of yours." Luffy turned to the person at the very back, and it revealed to be a guy with white and red hair.

The impersonator had buck teeth, chubby cheeks, and overall just didn't match Shoto. It was a bad cosplay.

And to have called Shoto a fan of the fake. . . That was amusing to say the least.

But what if he decides to roll with it? These people can't be stronger than him so it wouldn't be playing with fire. Shoto and everyone else in the crew worked hard for the past 2 years to be able to stand where they are now and these people claiming to be them are tainting their names already.

And is that supposed to be Chopper? Oh, dear lord.

"He's clearly not Macaroni." Shoto pointed a finger towards the fake. "Shoto Macaroni looks like. . ." He paused as he searched around before spotting his bounty by the wall, it was pretty old but it would do. "That."