020

chapter twenty
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
iii. long ring island arc

"Sanji, Zoro!"

Everyone from the crew looked worried as Sanji and Zoro found themselves beaten up, and honestly, Shoto was worried too. Were the enemies that strong?

Seeing their states, the opponents started acting smug as they threw another rock, making Zoro and Sanji surprising dodge, as well as the rest of the crew except for Usopp who got hit in the neck and was sent flying to hit the extras.

Luffy found himself snickering.

"Are they getting serious?"

"Hope so."

Before they knew it, Zoro and Sanji had beaten all of the players and the green haired swordsman dragged the ball guy to the net, smashing his head as a chorus of cheers erupted from the crew.

A happy beam from Shoto even came out but the boy immediately covered his mouth as soon as it opened.

"Oh well, Strawhat, pick someone." Foxy bluntly stated.

Suddenly Luffy's eyes wandered, looking at them closely as every single one of them had running thoughts of pretentiousness. Even the Captain had the very same thoughts as he started to look starry eyed.

"You can pick Foxy-san, Luffy." Nami suggested, only the thought of earning the advantage.

"But that means having him as a crew member, right?" Shoto told in distaste, his face crinkled as the crew thought about it.

Without a sign of hesitancy, Usopp, Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy shook their head in sync with their hand.

"No thanks."

Foxy fell on the floor, crestfallen as depression loomed over him. He had an ego problem, and he was incredibly sensitive.

"Don't be sad, Captain! We need a leader like you!" Porche went to interject, cheering the sensitive Captain once more as he stood on his own feet.

"Well?" Foxy asked them impatiently.

"The horse!" Luffy decided, pointed at the old man, Tonjit's, horse.

"Thank you so much, Strawhat-man!" Tonjit yelled as he rode his horse and skedaddled away. Shoto pinched the bridge of his nose at Luffy's decision.

The horsey there was indeed taken by Foxy's crew way before the game started, so it wasn't against the rules. But nonetheless, why didn't he pick Chopper?

"Luffy, but Chopper. . ." Nami trailed off.

"Oh, Chopper. . . We'll get him next round!" Luffy exclaimed. Even from how idiotic he may seem, he didn't randomly pick the horse because he disregarded Chopper.

He knew that the old man needed his horse more, and he was fully convinced that he will get Chopper back at all cost.

The expectant look on the reindeer's eyes disappeared and was replaced of one of toughness. He was going to devote his trust in Luffy, he had to understand the Captain's part.

"Don't worry, Chopper. We'll get you back." Usopp said, eyes held in all seriousness.

"Stay put, Chopper." Shoto assured, turning his back as he followed the rest of the crowd to the next game that was taking place in the mountains.

"But Shoto-!" The zoan user stood up from his seat, eyes holding concern. "You should put on a shirt! Your body won't be able to handle the temperature yet." He said.