And I knew people didn't describe men as beautiful. But in this moment? He truly was.

    But even so, I couldn't stop the next words that came out of my mouth. It was like my mouth was faster than my mind.

    "You should smile more."

    "And you don't smile enough, pretty girl."

    Pretty girl?

    Did he think I was pretty? I surely thought I was something. But pretty wouldn't be it.

    I always looked like I just got out of bed. And my mood swings never stopped. I was either in a good mood or I lashed out at someone and regretted it.

    It wasn't like I could control it. It came with the trauma.

    But only dad and Thomas knew that.

    Everyone else thought I was just a bitch. And I never let them think otherwise.

    So Rex calling me pretty? Not a good thing. It meant he was trying to get closer. And I couldn't allow that.

    My plate was already full. And I didn't need someone like Rex adding onto it.

    So these feelings....or whatever I was feeling needed to go away. To disappear completely.

    "Ah. The fireball has nothing to say? This is a first."

    I knew he was trying to get me to talk. But I didn't want to talk. I wanted to think about all the ways I could avoid him. Or simply get him to hate me. All over again.

####
Class was boring as usual. Rex had left in the middle of it. Looked like he was in a rush. But he normally did that. So it didn't surprise me at all.

    It had been a week since Rex came back looking all beat up. So his busted lip and bruised cheek looked better.

    Not that I cared.

    Walking to my second class I felt my phone vibrate.

    800-537-650: hey

    I looked at the number with confusion. Either someone had gotten my number? Or it was a wrong number type of deal.

    Me: who is this?

    800-573-650: it's me, love.

    Rex!? How the hell did he get my number? I surely didn't give it to him. I hadn't given any of The Aces my number.

    Me: how'd you get my number, Rex?

    Stalker-boy: I have my ways. You weren't going to give it to me otherwise.

    Me: I know. So get rid of it.

    Stalker-boy: No. I need a way to contact you.

    Ugh! Why was he like this!

    Me: No you don't. I'll call my brother if I need anything.

    Stalker-boy: Not good enough for me. I need to know if you're okay when I'm gone. Don't argue with me on this, pretty girl.

    Me: Don't call me that.

    Stalker-boy: I'll call you whatever I want.

    I just look at the text and roll my eyes before slipping it back into my pocket. He wouldn't appreciate me ignoring him. But I didn't care.

    He'd get over it eventually.

    Lunch came around and I wasn't all that hungry. I didn't know why, but I just didn't feel like eating.

    Having nowhere else to go, I sat at the empty table I always sat at. And The Aces soon sat down.

    The urge to roll my eyes was greater than the urge to pound my head into the wall.

    I could feel everyone's eyes on me once again. So I couldn't help but hide my face.

    To everyone; I was a nobody. They never knew I existed. But The Aces were making it harder and harder for me to stay non-existent.

    "Why aren't you eating?"

    I had expected Jet or the two siblings to say something about it. But the low, cold, voice that rang out had me looking up at him.

    His grey, dark, eyes locked on mine. His brow raised in question.

    I shrugged. I didn't see why he cared. He wasn't eating either.

    "I asked you a question, Camellia."

    Oh, so he was going by my first name now? Was it because he was infront of his friends? He didn't wanna show weakness.

    "And I don't necessarily need to answer."

    His eyes narrowed but I didn't back down. I could tell he was getting angry. And I found my solution to getting him to hate me. This was it.

    "I'm the one who asked. You should answer."

    "You are no exception, big boy."

    "Don't fucking call me that."

    His voice was laced with venom. I felt a shiver run down my spine. Anyone else would've backed down, apologized. But I wasn't anyone. I, unfortunately, didn't give a shit.

    "I'll call you whatever I want."

    His jaw clenched when I used his words against him. He had said the same thing to me not even a few hours ago.

    Sucked to sucked.

    Yes, I was being petty, but he had to hate me again. I couldn't have it any other way.

    Not after what happened outside the bowling alley. He was trying to wedge himself inside my walls. I couldn't allow that to happen.

    Knowing him, he'd tear them down. He'd try to conquer what wasn't his to conquer. Then he'd leave me high and dry. Alone to cry myself to sleep at night. Feeling helpless, used, and filthy.

    Without giving him the time to even think of something else to say, I got up. Saying goodbye to the rest of them, not giving Rex a second glance, I left.

    And I knew there would be hell to pay tonight. Because he'd be there. Waiting. I just knew it.