Underground

They were teleported back to the beginning for some reason, so they wondered why... but, at any rate, they had the right side of the castle yet to explore, and it seems principally they had this other room, parallel to the one formerly with the bipedal, talking beetle in... so, they were not quite sure what to expect, and this place had already proved certain madness...

They went in, either way, and what they found was bizarre yet... a clown. One wondered if it might be the monarch himself... perhaps finally a career change? Could be viable... clowns are not exactly at risk of extinction, not as long as people want to be entertained through silly mechanisms, at least... but, one assumed this is but a clown with some sort of madness, considering in their place before was a beetle (on the left side of the castle, from the point of view of Pax and Clemens, for relativity works like that)... and indeed the clown was, at the very least, incoherent (one supposes madness might be relative too, but then presumably risking life to save what is bizarrely perceived to be an institution about to go extinct despite no immediate threat, using some ancient, unknown beings, and thinking that loyalty could somehow supplicate them... that could be a candidate for insanity, possibly).

"Would you rather be here or not? Why, do tell here, are you not elsewhere? The stench of corruption is palpable, it enlivens, oh it sustains. Would you like this or that? How, we know not what we know!" Thus, Pax assumed, the clown might be a touch unstable... perhaps only ever so slightly, of course... but then again, if one was to entertain oneself, why not consider the questions, rationally or otherwise?

Pax assumed that, as he was here, that he would rather be here at this exact juncture, presumably, not that this odd place was his hobby to wander around, anyway... and if one was indeed here, how could they be elsewhere? It seems to be, surely, a problem with logic... then again, we are dealing with a clown, who one could argue makes their best effort to, visually, palpably, and directly make it known that logic is not exactly the most crucial aspect here... if it was why would bodily features be exaggerated, to start with? Thinking of which... that was the same case with the beetle too, considering that, you know, they are usually about an inch long and crawl on all fours... not upright and as tall as people. So, one wonders, if this castle did go back in time when most creatures were as massive as a house... does that mean there are miniature clowns? It could... possibly... be even funnier, if that was the case... no?

Anyway, it should also be noted as a strange artefact that the clown seems to acknowledge corruption? The monarch's, presumably? If so, that would likely rule this jester out as the candidate for being the person? Well, Pax supposed, it could also be possible that insanity kicked in and identity was suddenly confused, or memory loss happened... based on what the clown is saying that could be true, but there are several other alternatives too. Also, if corruption has a 'stench' (with the expectant negative connotations), how does it enliven, sustain? Does that imply the stench is a positive, then? One supposes some people might think it is... but clowns? What reason for or against do clowns have against corruption? How would it matter, and why? What, also, could 'this' or 'that' be referring to? Different types of corruption, perhaps? By definition, too, we do indeed not know what we do not know... or do? Is this some kind of 'mental' clown? As in, one that fools around with minds? Then again, everything here seems to do this, from the beetle to that green-haired strange... person? One shudders to think of what else could be uncovered... truly.

"Whoa... who, or what might you be?! And what is all this weird stuff? Maybe a bit imbalanced in your clown career?" Pax replied, as if somehow reading all my thoughts beforehand and channelling them? Wait, maybe he could read one's analyses all this time? Should keep that in mind... also, he doubts the clown has much of a career in a relatively small room full of armour and boxes. I have never personally seen a box laugh...