roku: barcelona grand prix

I dropped Yuzuru at his apartment building before heading back to the club. It was already nighttime and I'm sure that the club is closed; I was given a spare key with me since Brian knew how workaholic I could get.

Just as I stepped towards the entrance, a figure was exiting, as it turned around, I caught a glimpse of its identity.

"Samantha?" I inquired.

She was startled at my presence; I mean, who wouldn't? She's basically thinking that she was on her own but then I call her out.

"Oh, hi," she smiled warmly, rubbing her hands together for friction. "What're you doing here?"

"Just getting something. You? Work hours are over."

She sheepishly smiled, "I guess I wasn't able to keep track of time. I just studied a few cases, you know, I have to study a lot to keep up with my seniors."

I nodded, understanding her pressure, "Well, good luck."

Walking in, the hallways were as quiet as it could ever be, even some lights are turned off.

I was nose-deep in studying when my phone beeped.

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
Have you gotten home?
11:56 PM

No
11:56 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
Eh? Why not?
11:57 PM

I'm working.
11:58 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
Again? You aren't working in the hospital, you don't get that much work, right?
11:59 PM

I guess. But I still study on my own, so that's like the heaviest work ever.
11:59 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
I guess you could put it that way. Go home quickly and rest, Miyu-chan!
11:56 PM

***

"Get some rest," Brian told Yuzuru.

With the Grand Prix Final nearing and with Hanyu wanting to produce better results, he had been training as hard as he could.

I had no official case at the moment so I am always by the rink with Samantha, observing and discussing what type of treatment and rehabilitation should we pursue if an athlete theoretically injured himself on a certain jump or move.

"No, but that's not always the case," I corrected her.

"What, why? If a jumper took a fall, the most probable injury would be a sprain!" Samantha countered as we watched Yuzuru do a jump.

Samantha had been so enthusiastic with new knowledge that I felt closer to her as I like people who are somewhat inclined to learning. It was beginning to feel fun with her around.

Facing her, I replied, "True but you must also watch out for strains and fractures; it's not uncommon, Brown." I answered and pointed at Yuzuru, "That guy strained his back when I first came here due to repetitive jumping and falling, you have to watch and rule it out too."