ni: patient's doctor

You awake?
6:46 AM

I was up early so I could have a short jog around the neighbourhood.

It had been a few days since Yuzuru and I parted ways after he was examined in a hospital in Tokyo. He was diagnosed with cranial bruising so originally, I had to tell him off the ice. In addition to the head injury, his mandible, specifically around the chin, was also suffering from the collision with a bruise; he hurt his midriff and thigh, plus he sprained an ankle — it's not a walk in the park for Hanyu right now.

Before we parted, I asked for his number so I could check up on him from time to time as he was going back to Sendai and I'd be going back to Sapporo to spend the remainder of my leave with my family.

To be honest, he wasn't hard to get close with. The way he was joking at laughing a lot even when he was having a hard time during his tests back at the hospital drew me somehow closer to him.

I aspire to be as happy and carefree and trusting as him but damn, the world is too cruel, in my opinion; it's not as easy to be all smiles, especially in my case.

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Skating Patient
Good morning! Sorry for the late reply, I just woke up.
8:27 AM

Yes, I have his number saved like that, don't ask me why; I just tend to forget who's who in my phonebook.

Yeah, it's fine. Eat a hearty breakfast and drink your meds. Don't skip 😡
8:28 AM

The small age gap between him and I made it easier for me to be informal like he requested; although Yuzuru was my patient and as much as I wouldn't like to involve him in my personal life, he seemed interesting enough that I find it cool if we'd be friends but then again, I don't do too well on the socializing part so let's rule that out.

I arrived back home to see my parents and my younger stepbrother gathered around the dining table, they were having breakfast already.

"[SPA] Come here and eat," my mom waved her hand, motioning for me to join them.

"I'm not yet hungry and I just came from a jog; I'll eat later," I replied.

Hearing that I responded in Japanese, my mom's brow rose up as my brother laughed.

"[SPA] Talk in Spanish or Filipino with me," she ordered.

It made me chuckle, some things really never change.

Giving in, I answered her, "[SPA] I'll eat later, mama. Not yet hungry."

The woman spoke no more and I went into the kitchen to fix up a protein shake to chug on in the meantime. I added some chia seeds and chopped up fruits so it's not that plain.

Taking the tumbler up to my room, I turned the television on and opened Netflix, choosing Big Bang Theory to pass time.

I was almost halfway through an episode when I decided to check my phone.

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Skating Patient
I'll be having tamago kake gohan! I'm allowed to eat raw egg, right? I have been craving this since I can't eat it abroad due to risk of infection.
8:28 AM