san: new

I am back in Toronto with Brian due to a meeting being called within the skating department. It appears that after Hanyu was injured during the Cup of China and I had to fly from Sapporo to Narita to tend to him, TCSCC thought it was best to have one dedicated for the athletes and one for the members who would be regularly staying in Toronto; thus, they hired another physician that will serve the regular club members while I'd be focusing on the competitive athletes. The new doctor is now the club's resident doctor while I'd now be the team doctor of the competitive skaters; I haven't met the newbie yet though.

It's a win for me as that meant I do not have to stay in Toronto 24/7 provided that I'd be able to go wherever I am needed — a.k.a. where Orser's athletes are — in one call.

Later tonight, Brian and I will be travelling back to Japan as the next competition would be the NHK Trophy in Osaka where three, I think, of Brian's students — including Hanyu, even with all my protests — will compete in. Actually, I don't think I'm needed there but I just want to check up on how my patient is doing and maybe watch my first figure skating competition show ever.

As of the recent days, I can say that Hanyu was doing well in spite of his difficulty in walking after the collision. To say that I was surprised and mad when he answered my video call one day with the rink on his background — he was trying to practice — was a way of downgrading it.

He had been insisting that I call him by his first name but dude, I feel like it's still awkward to call him that when we aren't really close yet; sure, we grew closer than before but not to the point where I'd feel it's okay to call him by Yuzuru; give it maybe a week or so.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone poked me on the shoulder.

"Just thought I should come up and say hi," a woman said quite loudly.

I stared at her, she was the one who squealed when she saw my gallery.

"Hi...?" I responded, coming out more like a question.

"I'm Samantha, Samantha Brown," she laughed nervously. "I'm the uh, new girl a month ago, remember?"

"Hi, Samantha Brown."

"Oh, uhm, do you want to get some coffee or something? I could use a friend around here," she invited, moving closer to me which made me lean away whilst she whispered, "Almost no one is around my age except you; I can't really relate on all the adults that much."

Observing her when I could the past month, she seemed to be enjoying working and learning from her superiors but I don't think she's enjoying hanging out with the oldies that much. I guess I could use a friend too? We'll see.

"Okay?" I replied, "I'll just place these back in my office real quick."

I swiftly went into my office to tuck away the files that I was holding; these were cases that needs to be handed over to the new doctor as these involves regular club members. I'd just hand it another time, particularly when I come back from Japan.

Swinging the door open, I stopped dead on my tracks when I saw tall woman wearing glasses having small talk with Samantha. How could I ever forget that breathtakingly pretty face that hid the ugliest inner persona?

Right then, bitter flashbacks of the past came rushing in my mind, filling my heart with anger and frustration. It was like I'm that naive girl all over again and I hate it.

Noticing me, the woman smiled towards my way; if I didn't know any better, I'd definitely think she's that goody two shoes she's been silently convincing everyone to believe.