"Is this even aloud? Can we even change uniforms?" I questioned after we all skated back to the bench. "Yeah, I was wondering the same thing." Adam piped up from behind me and I jumped from how close he was. "Nope. Jans and I checked before, don't worry." Coach reassured us as I slowly moved away from Adam.

Soon enough we had more than half of the arena chanting 'Quack' with us. They started singing 'We will Rock You' again, but replaced 'rock you' with 'quack you'. "I like this one much better Aspen grinned as we skated out. "You and me both." I smacked her helmet before she did the same and we skated to our positions.

The Iceland side, which was not very big, was quickly drowned out by quacks and chanting for the ducks.

After about two goals, I found myself hugging Adam out of excitement. I quickly pushed myself off and we both cleared our throats. "Good job." He said quickly avoiding eye contact. "Yeah. Thanks. Uh, you too." I nodded before skating away.

-

We tied the game with no time left on the clock. Shootout time, my favorite. Sarcasm included, in case you were wondering.

"Alright. Aspen, you go out first." Coach nodded to the girl and she piped up excitedly. "Kick ass." I mumbled and she smirked. "Always."

I'm assuming this is Charlie's way of apologizing to Aspen. I heard him begging Coach to let Aspen go on after Coach refused about a thousand times. But, he caved, and that's all that matters. Because I know Aspens gonna do good. She always does.

Aspen goes, scores us a point. 1-0

Iceland goes, one point for them. 1-1

"Jesse, I want you on next." Bombay said and Jesse hopped out of the box.

He goes, he shoots, he scores. Another point for us. 2-1

Iceland skates up, shoots, and Goldberg—surprisingly—saves. The score remained 2-1, we're still in the lead.

"Dwayne, show us what you got." Charlie smiled at the boy and we all cheered for him before he got to his position.

He bounces the puck around, he shoots, and Iceland saves. Still 2-1, at least we're winning.

Iceland goes, scores, causing their points to go up by one. 2-2, tie.

"I don't know who to give this one to Coach. I'm stuck." Charlie shrugged worriedly. "Adam, Scarlett. Which one of you wanna take it?" Coach addressed us and we looked at each other. "You take it." We both said at the same time. "I know how much you wanna score on them, 'cause of your wrist. Go ahead, take the shot." I pushed him out of the box and he looked at me shocked while skating out.

I was shocked with myself. Here I am giving the boy who cheated on me, my shootout shot. Who even am I?

"I'm sorry, who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" Apparently Aspen thought the same thing. "I don't know, but I hate it." I cringed before turning back to the game.

Adam skates up, he shoots, he scores. 3-2, we're back in the lead.

"Thanks, Scarlett. It meant a lot." Adam smiled at me after he skated back onto the bench. "Yeah, don't mention it. Really, don't mention it. Congrats, though."

Iceland went, and made it. Bringing the score to a tie again. 3-3

"Scarlett. I want you to take this last one." Coach patted my back and I looked at him shocked. "Reall-" I got cut off my Aspen's hand around my mouth. "Don't question it, get out there and get us a point." Her and Julie shoved me out of the box and I rolled my eyes skating to the middle of the rink.

I skated up and it seemed with every glide I took, my heart beat picked up. This is an important shot. At least I think. What am I even doing? I feel like I forget how to skate. I don't think I've ever been this nervous before, and I hardly get nervous.

Before I knew it the crowd was yelling and the buzzer was buzzing. I looked to the goal and the puck, which I don't remember shooting, was sat right in the back. My head shot up to the score board that now read: 4-3. I had made it. Wait—I made it! "Holy shit, I made it!" I cheered skating back to the bench. "I knew you'd make it in!" Aspen tackled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

"Oh, you did it!" Connie trampled me into another hug after I got up from Aspen's. "Best shot I've seen all night!" Julie exclaimed giving me another hug. Everytime I tried to get up, I'd just get pushed back with another hug.

I found myself hugging Adam, again. "Yep thats good." I pulled apart and he quickly agreed. It pains me how awkward our interactions are, it's gross.

Julie suddenly stood after a talk with coach and she put her helmet on. "No way, no way, no way!" I jumped up with Aspen and Connie following. "You're going on?"

"Yep! Wish me luck." Julie said excitedly before skating out. "Thanks, coach." I smiled back at him and he gave a small nod.

Julie should've been out on way more, but at least she's on now. This save determines it all. I know Julie can do it.

Gunnar skated up, it felt like it was in slow motion. He lifted his stick up and shot. The whole arena was silent. Nobody was moving, I don't even think anyone was breathing. I know I wasn't, my breath is stuck in my throat.

I grabbed on to whoever's hand was right next to mine. I didn't care who's it was, it didn't matter.
Adam looked down at our hands and let his lips twitch into a small smile before looking back at the rink.

I gave the hand a little squeeze out of fear as the puck shot across toward Julie.

If possible, the arena grew even quieter. Did he score? What happened? What's going on?